I love Stephen King

Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Was the reply in reference to something because it just seems random and no real point.

Personally, not a fan of Stephen King, though I’ve read several of his books because someone had given me their whole collection. Too much redundancy and predictability for my taste. I think it’s the same problem a lot of authors run into, I found Grisham, Crichton, Clancy, and Sparks to have that same trait in writing.
Deleted User 1775

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:18 pm
Lgander29 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:45 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:43 pm I prefer Dean Koontz.
Cool. I think I’ll start checking some of those out at my library.
“The Other Emily” looks good.
I read both authors. If you like King you will like Koontz!
Cool! :)
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Eh, I stopped caring about what Stephen King thinks as soon as he joined the other wealthy Hollywood social justice warriors lecturing the country on things they know nothing about.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:37 pm Eh, I stopped caring about what Stephen King thinks as soon as he joined the other wealthy Hollywood social justice warriors lecturing the country on things they know nothing about.
So did I!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:51 pm
Pjmm wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:52 pm The guy doesn’t have to like Stephen King. But seeing as how they’ve made at least four movies from his books they can’t be all that shitty. Frankly I think King is very good with writing his characters. They’re flawed, brave, cowardly, real people. I don’t always like the plot but his descriptions and the action of his characters are usually good. Factory of Sadness is probably some bitter writer that can’t get anything published.
I’m not sure if your “at least four movies” was hyperbole, but they’ve made 47 and have 3 more in the works. Just throwing that out there.
No. All I could remember at the time was Misery Cujo, Carrie, and The Shining.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:37 pm Eh, I stopped caring about what Stephen King thinks as soon as he joined the other wealthy Hollywood social justice warriors lecturing the country on things they know nothing about.
I thought the point of Twitter was to expound to the world on things one knows little about. 😀
I tend to agree with King though so whatever.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:52 pm The guy doesn’t have to like Stephen King. But seeing as how they’ve made at least four movies from his books they can’t be all that shitty. Frankly I think King is very good with writing his characters. They’re flawed, brave, cowardly, real people. I don’t always like the plot but his descriptions and the action of his characters are usually good. Factory of Sadness is probably some bitter writer that can’t get anything published.
Think there's been a tad more than four ;)
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

have nearly all of his books and follow him on twitter, and honestly, i love his writing and ability to bring charachters to life.
I have audio book versions of some of his books and me and the kids listen to them in the car.
they like his stories too, we just finished "Later" and are now listening the "The Stand", one of my favorite books by him
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:43 pm I prefer Dean Koontz.
I read one book by him I really liked. It might have been Phantoms. I know it was about a town where everyone was either gone or dead. Some of the food was still on the tables and still warm. Then I checked out another one, I believe it was Whispers, and I couldn’t get past the first couple pages. A boy was sent to the basement filled with cockroaches as punishment. Yeah, no way, no how! I don’t think I ever picked up another book by him.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Deleted User 1760

Unread post

Dean Koontz is readable and good but I stopped reading King many years ago. His books started being a little repetitious after awhile to me.
Locked Previous topicNext topic