Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:59 pm
Vegaswife2011 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:52 pm
Guest wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:52 pm

We are not legally married I will never marry him
I’m not sure what your next step should be. I’m sorry and good luck.

That’s my problem. I’m not even sure where to turn. He has no friends or family here and he drives one of my cars. It’s not like I can send him walking away with everything he owns. I’m contemplating talking to my lawyer about paying him a sum of money to move far away possibly the other side of the country. I’m not sure the money can be used like that.
Talking to a lawyer sounds like a good idea. I hope it helps.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:56 pm
Reedusstalker wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:51 pm Wow, im so sorry. Is his name on the house? If not, can you evict him? Or are you too scared?
The house is in a trust. I’m not even on it but it’s mine odd situation but the deeds in my family’s name and the trust is set up so I’m the beneficiary. I’m not sure the legal aspect of it but it’s my house. I picked it out the lawyer bought it with however the trust is set up.

Basically I’m too scared I have mental health issues and I’m afraid he will use it against me in court to try and get custody. Although without me he wouldn’t even have a car. Everything is in my name or through the trust. Plus everyone thinks we are happy. No one knows how he really is.
Im really really sorry. Is there no one you can turn too?
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:51 pm Wow, im so sorry. Is his name on the house? If not, can you evict him? Or are you too scared?
The house is in a trust. I’m not even on it but it’s mine odd situation but the deeds in my family’s name and the trust is set up so I’m the beneficiary. I’m not sure the legal aspect of it but it’s my house. I picked it out the lawyer bought it with however the trust is set up.

Basically I’m too scared I have mental health issues and I’m afraid he will use it against me in court to try and get custody. Although without me he wouldn’t even have a car. Everything is in my name or through the trust. Plus everyone thinks we are happy. No one knows how he really is.
For whatever it’s worth, my X tried using my bipolar against me and it did not work. I have full custody.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I hope you find peace and happiness, sooner rather than later. I am sorry this is happening.

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:01 pm

I think my family would throw it in my face for even entering the relationship to begin with. He’s “below” them although they seem to hit it off with him. His family is not in the same social class. I met him when when work was being done on our summer home years ago. He made me laugh I gave him my number. I was bored and had no friends there. He works 60+ hours a week is a good provider not a dead beat. He makes fun of the country club type. Basically calling me a snob and making fun of my family. He moved to be with me where I live full time. He made a job change but he’s still just a laborer type. No ambition for career advancement or continuing his education. At first his jokes were awkward but I laughed now it’s just obvious he’s a blatant racist/narcissist.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:11 pm

I think my family would throw it in my face for even entering the relationship to begin with. He’s “below” them although they seem to hit it off with him. His family is not in the same social class. I met him when when work was being done on our summer home years ago. He made me laugh I gave him my number. I was bored and had no friends there. He works 60+ hours a week is a good provider not a dead beat. He makes fun of the country club type. Basically calling me a snob and making fun of my family. He moved to be with me where I live full time. He made a job change but he’s still just a laborer type. No ambition for career advancement or continuing his education. At first his jokes were awkward but I laughed now it’s just obvious he’s a blatant racist/narcissist.
It's worth a shot though. If you don't try to turn to them then what are your other options? You don't deserve to be treated like this.

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:10 pm I hope you find peace and happiness, sooner rather than later. I am sorry this is happening.
Thank you! I think emotional abuse is harder because they just beat you down and you slowly die inside but no one knows why because the scars aren’t visible. I’m not sure how much more I can take. I have also heard that video recording a person without their consent isn’t acceptable for court purposes.

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:14 pm

It's worth a shot though. If you don't try to turn to them then what are your other options? You don't deserve to be treated like this.

My option right now is to stick it out until my kids are a bit older. Or see if I can pay him with a bribe to move back to where he’s from. I was actually smart by never marrying him. I also didn’t have him sign the birth certificate for the kids. He never asked about it and I requested that the hospital nurse not bring it up when he was around. The court process would be drawn out starting with a dna test. Which I’m fine with unfortunately I know the kids are his.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:19 pm
Reedusstalker wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:14 pm

My option right now is to stick it out until my kids are a bit older. Or see if I can pay him with a bribe to move back to where he’s from. I was actually smart by never marrying him. I also didn’t have him sign the birth certificate for the kids. He never asked about it and I requested that the hospital nurse not bring it up when he was around. The court process would be drawn out starting with a dna test. Which I’m fine with unfortunately I know the kids are his.
I hope you are able to stick it out then. Remember, you are better than whatever bullshit he throws on you. In one ear and out the other.

Unread post

Vegaswife2011 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:03 pm

For whatever it’s worth, my X tried using my bipolar against me and it did not work. I have full custody.

Thank you I guess I’m just needing to vent. I’m trying to stay strong. I need a new therapist ASAP!
Locked Previous topicNext topic