Dh goes out of his way to brag about money and I am over it.

Unread post

Guest wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:49 am
AnnOhn wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:46 am
Guest wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:39 am

It is so annoying. A gold card isnt even as "cool" as it used to be. I think he likes that thing more than just about anything else.
Thirty years ago a gold card represented a credit level. Twenty five years ago everyone’s card - even if they had poor credit - was gold. A gold card doesn’t mean anything so waving one around .... well, it’s certainly understandable why your dh is chasing people away.
I dont know anyone else who has a gold card like ours. It is actually made of 24 carat gold or whatever. Really it is just a waste of money I think. Some of the perks are nice though
The gold card is a "step up" from a black card.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:45 am
Inmybizz wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:37 am Lol @ flashing a gold card.
😂😂
I can't this morning..that made me laugh so hard.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It is so annoying. A gold card isnt even as "cool" as it used to be. I think he likes that thing more than just about anything else.
Gold card/platinum cards are nothing now days. The only card that would make me look twice would be a American Express Centurion (the "black card").

Unread post

Thirty years ago a gold card represented a credit level. Twenty five years ago everyone’s card - even if they had poor credit - was gold. A gold card doesn’t mean anything so waving one around .... well, it’s certainly understandable why your dh is chasing people away.
I dont know anyone else who has a gold card like ours. It is actually made of 24 carat gold or whatever. Really it is just a waste of money I think. Some of the perks are nice though
I wish I could edit my post. 24 karat* gold

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:54 am
Gold card/platinum cards are nothing now days. The only card that would make me look twice would be a American Express Centurion (the "black card").
We used to mastercard black card. The gold card is the next step up.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That would annoy be too.
AnnOhn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Sounds like your dh would benefit with financial planning classes and counseling.

Unread post

AnnOhn wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:01 am

Sounds like your dh would benefit with financial planning classes and counseling.
We have a financial planner. They recommended the card because of the benefits. I just hate spending $1,000 a year just to use it.

Unread post

AnnOhn wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:01 am

We have a financial planner/adviser. They recommended the card because of the benefits. I just hate spending $1,000 a year just to use it.
RedBottoms

Unread post

I thought black cards were better. Aren't they the ones with no credit limit? I think my Dad had one
Locked Previous topicNext topic