Book lovers!

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh, which one? I love everything Tudors-era.
AZLizardLady wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:00 am I finished one book about Anne Boleyn a few weeks ago and I am currently half-way through a book from James Patterson..."The First Lady"...which is fantastic.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:57 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:26 pm All this quarantine has me in need of a good book. I am somewhat picky, so I really need to enjoy a book to keep reading. Some of my favorite authors are Gillian Flynn and Jodi Picoult. I enjoy true crime books, mysteries, psychological thrillers, things like that. I don't enjoy nonfiction, historical fiction, science fiction, fanfics, utopias, dystopias, or alternate societies, apocalyptic stuff, etc.

Anyone have any suggestions? :)
Sorry, I only read historical romance or regency romance books with erotica
Do you read any Jennifer Chiaverini ?
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Deleted User 203

Unread post

The author is Allison Weir and she's wonderful.

This isn't biographical story telling yet it does stay quite true to the stories of the men and women during the Tudor era.

She has a series called "The Six Tudor Queens," and so far, I've read "Katherine of Aragon: The True Queen," and just finished "Anne Boleyn: A King's Obsession."

Both were fantastic and I hope to get back to the library to get more once it has reopened.

Did you ever watch the series "The Tudors" that was on Showtime, I think?

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:39 pm Oh, which one? I love everything Tudors-era.
AZLizardLady wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:00 am I finished one book about Anne Boleyn a few weeks ago and I am currently half-way through a book from James Patterson..."The First Lady"...which is fantastic.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Do you like Karin Slaughter? I love her books, they are fictional crime mysteries, with a bit of romance! She does go into the descriptive graphic detail about some crimes though, so some readers don't care for that.

I just finished A Bad Day for Sunshine by Darynda Jones. It was pretty good and had some funny parts.

My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite

I've also been on Jane Harper kick too!

Happy Reading!
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh. Allison Weir is great!
The Tudors is one of my favorite series- historically inaccurate as it is sometimes, lol- I’ve binge watched it more than once.
AZLizardLady wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:24 pm The author is Allison Weir and she's wonderful.

This isn't biographical story telling yet it does stay quite true to the stories of the men and women during the Tudor era.

She has a series called "The Six Tudor Queens," and so far, I've read "Katherine of Aragon: The True Queen," and just finished "Anne Boleyn: A King's Obsession."

Both were fantastic and I hope to get back to the library to get more once it has reopened.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:39 pm Oh, which one? I love everything Tudors-era.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:48 am Do you like Karin Slaughter? I love her books, they are fictional crime mysteries, with a bit of romance! She does go into the descriptive graphic detail about some crimes though, so some readers don't care for that.

I just finished A Bad Day for Sunshine by Darynda Jones. It was pretty good and had some funny parts.

My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite

I've also been on Jane Harper kick too!

Happy Reading!
I haven't read anything by her, I'll check her out, thanks!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Thank you for all the suggestions ladies!! I appreciate it! :)
Anonymous 3

Unread post

All my genres are gone sorry no good suggestion here.
If anyone is interested in nonfic, I'm reading an interesting and *slightly* humourous by concept book called - A mind of its own: A cultural history of the penis, by David M Friedman. 😆 The title hooked me as bizarre as it sounded. Not expecting to read that far into it, I ended up kind of intrigued the more I read it. As a woman it's a very interesting insight on manhood lol.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

You really need to check out that Tudor Queens series from her. She also has a book exclusively about Queen Elizabeth I as well as King Henry Tudor, both of which I am hoping to check out from our library when it opens.

I've also binged that show so many times and we own the seasons, too. Just so lush, sexy, and fun!

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:10 pm Oh. Allison Weir is great!
The Tudors is one of my favorite series- historically inaccurate as it is sometimes, lol- I’ve binge watched it more than once.
AZLizardLady wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:24 pm The author is Allison Weir and she's wonderful.

Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:14 pm All my genres are gone sorry no good suggestion here.
If anyone is interested in nonfic, I'm reading an interesting and *slightly* humourous by concept book called - A mind of its own: A cultural history of the penis, by David M Friedman. 😆 The title hooked me as bizarre as it sounded. Not expecting to read that far into it, I ended up kind of intrigued the more I read it. As a woman it's a very interesting insight on manhood lol.
So I looked at the ebook selection at my library and they have it....

I'd get it but my father also uses my library card and he sees all the books I check out. I don't think I want him to see that. 😅
Locked Previous topicNext topic