How often do you buy

T3hSarah
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Not very often, I've gone shopping for myself but end up buying for the kids or hubby instead.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Yes, I usually am shopping for clothing for work but sometimes those clothes cross over because I can wear them other times as well. I tend to fluctuate with my weight so I know that's another reason for my shopping. I have so many clothes and I still find myself saying ugh what am I going to wear?! I really want to change this and actually get outfits ready days and weeks ahead of time (depending on the weather) and ready to wear.
LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:11 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:05 am Same here...once a month or more...actually more. lol! I feel it's excessive.
LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:04 am At least once a month. Usually a larger shopping spree as seasons change.
*shrugs* we are judged by our appearance often before we say or do anything. Dressing in a way that is flattering and reflects our identity, IMO, is not really excessive.

I also need clothing that fit & that I love so I can get dressed in a jiffy, lol, no standing around with the “what do I wear” for me. Ain’t nobody go time for that, lol. And that takes upkeep with shopping, haha!
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

When I need to replace something or need something specific I don't have.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I've been the same size since I was 18 so I have clothes that are 20 years old! 😂

I don't have a rule for buying clothes, but in practice I seem to buy about 20 bottoms, and 10-15 tops/dresses each year.

*full disclosure, I've gained a bit of weight this winter, I had to buy "fat clothes" for the first time since I was pregnant!*
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Right not I am not. I am trying to lose about 35 lbs so when I do that I will. I have my eye on a to die for red dress and that will be my reward for hitting my goal weight, along with a pair of Lululemon leggings.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think I go in cycles. I will go for months without buying anything for myself, then I'll shop several days in a row.

Last week I went to find a new outfit for headshots and I saw all of these super cute blouses- had to get them!
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I am pretty simple. I wear jeans/shorts/ running shoes/ t-shirts/ hoodies. I am all about comfort and unless I see a t-shirt that I can't live without or I absolutely need something I don't buy it. I'd rather spend money on traveling. LOL

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:11 am I am 46 and I still wear a sweatshirt from when I was 18! lol! So comfy! But I still buy new clothes way too often.
mcginnisc wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:02 am Very rarely. I have the same sweatshirt that I've worn for almost 15 years if that tells you anything. LOL I even have an old one of Dh's that I stole when we were 17 and we are 44 now. I bought a pair of jeans back in October if I remember correctly, but other than that I just buy new running shoes every 6-8 months.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:58 am Whenever I feel like it.
This
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

All the time.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

When I need something or I see something I really like for a good deal. Probably 2-3 times a year.
Locked Previous topicNext topic