I don't let others drive my car

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:08 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:01 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:00 pm My husband and I have a combined insurance policy, so this is not an issue.
How would that cover friends and family driving your car?
It wouldn't, but I am talking about my spouse. I find it weird to not let the person who you are married to drive your car. As for family and friends, it depends on the situation. If it is a low-risk situation, like they're driving down the 30 mph two lane road to pick up something and they are my family or friend that I know well, I don't have an issue with it. I have collision coverage (which is for the car, not the driver, so I do not need to be driving my car for my car to be covered) and they have their own car insurance, so it would be covered.
We could have it cover each other but there is no point. We just drive our own cars and we are on the same page with that.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I am the same way. Nobody drives my car except me.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I occasionally let dh drive my truck but it's not very often. Lol

Nobody else would be insured ,so it would be a hard no .
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If it works for you that is what matters. We both own vehicles, but if we are going somewhere as a family, Dh drives my car. In a week, we are going to the aquarium and taking my mom and niece with us as we have 2 free tickets. We are switching cars with my SIL. We will take her 7 seater Pilot and she will take my 5 seater CX 5. It's not the first time we have switched vehicles and I'm sure it won't be the last.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:34 pm Unless it was an absolute emergency no one else is allowed to drive my car. That includes my SO. We have 2 cars so there is really no reason for my SO to drive my car anyway, we are on the same page for that.

So many people think it is weird. I have had many people both family and friends who have asked to use my car. I always say no.

I am not going to risk my car being wrecked by someone else who may or may not be able to pay to repair it. There are rental cars for a reason.

That is my confession.
I have 2 cars and can only drive one at a time, hahaha But the only person that I would even consider allowing to drive either of my cars would be dd only. She has her own car also (will have 2 come xmas) but if her car was in the shop then she could drive one of mine
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Positively riveting.
T. Hanks for sharing.
Attachments
T-tom-hanks-ml-170707_5x6_1600.jpg
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I let DH take it and I let a select few others if I’m in the car with them. Everyone wants to drive my car, lol. People (not strangers, lol) ask all the time. It works for me. Especially if I need a DD. The little thing has more power than people expect and they always end up squealing the tires.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t allow anyone BUT my husband to drive my car. And by “my car” I mean the one I drive. Both of our names are on both cars and my motorcycle. I can’t imagine it any other way.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:34 pm Unless it was an absolute emergency no one else is allowed to drive my car. That includes my SO. We have 2 cars so there is really no reason for my SO to drive my car anyway, we are on the same page for that.

So many people think it is weird. I have had many people both family and friends who have asked to use my car. I always say no.

I am not going to risk my car being wrecked by someone else who may or may not be able to pay to repair it. There are rental cars for a reason.

That is my confession.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

When an insured drives someone else's vehicle, such as a rental car, a dealership loaner, or a friend's car, he is usually covered for liability insurance. ... As long as a driver has the vehicle owner's permission to operate the vehicle, the owner's policy will provide coverage no matter who the driver is.

So you must have a really crappy record and have a really crappy carrier!
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:49 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:45 pm I'm anon 2 so I'll reply I can't imagine not having good insurance that would pay for repairs.
Lol thanks anon 2, my insurance only covers me.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Msprekteacher wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:50 pm When an insured drives someone else's vehicle, such as a rental car, a dealership loaner, or a friend's car, he is usually covered for liability insurance. ... As long as a driver has the vehicle owner's permission to operate the vehicle, the owner's policy will provide coverage no matter who the driver is.

So you must have a really crappy record and have a really crappy carrier!
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:49 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:45 pm I'm anon 2 so I'll reply I can't imagine not having good insurance that would pay for repairs.
Lol thanks anon 2, my insurance only covers me.
My insurance covers me for anything. Not sure about liability only for others but it isn't worth the risk of others driving it. I have nothing on my record.
Locked Previous topicNext topic