People suck update

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Several years ago a little girl came up missing here. People were out in droves looking for her. Some people don't want to get involved though.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

The local authorities are searching also?

How many places was this posted?
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Is it really cold out? Most people are fair weather fans. I hope you find him today.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:26 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:09 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:59 pm I just finished participating in a 6 hr search party for a missing elderly gentlemen who is diabetic and missing since this morning. Only 8 people showed up. 2 were his family, 4 were my sons, me and my husband. In the small town I live in word spreads fast so people knew. The post on our community facebook begged for help. Yet people didnt show. This man reads to kindergarteners, is the Walmart greeter and always has a friendly word for everyone. How could people not show up to help find him when hes in danger? People suck. Sadly we didnt find him. There were lots of "prayers" comments but nope people couldn't actually come help. I might not reply. Ive got to get a shower and sleep as the search resumes at dawn and we will be there. Tomorrow our dog is going too so he can help track. Hes not an official tracker dog but we've trained him since the boys were little and we have a lot of woods. Im just so sad and disappointed in our town right now :(
Im so sorry, I hope the man is found safe. Not everyone is a decent caring human being like your family members
So having your own responsibilities (jobs, young kids, etc.) equates to not being caring or decent? That's a bit dramatic. Most people can't just skip out on responsibilities at a moments notice to go searching through woods for six hours. That dosent mean they aren't caring decent people.
In my opinion, it means exactly that. Where we live even if a dog is missing, people turn out in droves to help look for the animal. If a child or adult is missing there are always tons of people willing to help.
There are many ways to help find someone, not just walking around searching for them. People are needed to make phone calls to law enforcement and to property owners for permission to be on their property. Someone has to record all of the volunteers names and info. Someone has to organise the search party by mapping out the search grids and coordinates. First aid has to be made available for everyone not just the person the volunteers are looking for.
There are many jobs that can be accomplished in your home or at work simply by making phone calls. Other jobs need to be done at a specific location.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I'm sure many of the people in this post would feel differently if it was their own child or family member missing...

Regardless, I hope he is found safe.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Honestly there's a better chance of him being found by people just going about their daily business and keeping and eye out for him in town then a search party in the woods.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Hey OP - did he turn up today? I'm hoping so.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 876

Unread post

You just keep on building that good karma and let karma take care of those who might have helped but didn't.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I wouldn't even had known about this and yes I live in a small town also. Still wouldn't have the slightest clue this was happening
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:09 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:26 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:09 pm

Im so sorry, I hope the man is found safe. Not everyone is a decent caring human being like your family members
So having your own responsibilities (jobs, young kids, etc.) equates to not being caring or decent? That's a bit dramatic. Most people can't just skip out on responsibilities at a moments notice to go searching through woods for six hours. That dosent mean they aren't caring decent people.
In my opinion, it means exactly that. Where we live even if a dog is missing, people turn out in droves to help look for the animal. If a child or adult is missing there are always tons of people willing to help.
There are many ways to help find someone, not just walking around searching for them. People are needed to make phone calls to law enforcement and to property owners for permission to be on their property. Someone has to record all of the volunteers names and info. Someone has to organise the search party by mapping out the search grids and coordinates. First aid has to be made available for everyone not just the person the volunteers are looking for.
There are many jobs that can be accomplished in your home or at work simply by making phone calls. Other jobs need to be done at a specific location.
That's just ridiculous.. Most people that have jobs can't just ignore their work responsibilities to do those things. Can you imagine A nurse telling their patient hang on sir I know you need your medication but I'm busy on the phone right now. I don't know where you live but authorities handle that stuff here. Do you live in a TV show? How many of these searches have you participated in?
Locked Previous topicNext topic