My mom is mad that my kids didn't make it to Thanksgiving

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:28 am One worked, one stayed with her dad, and one had dinner with his girlfriend's family. I was pretty bummed they didn't come either but it is what it is. I told my mom last week that they probably weren't all going to be there. I thought DD might be coming at least but I wasn't going to tell her she couldn't spend more time with her dad.

My mom tried to convince them all to come but it clearly didn't work out. She is mad at my kids but more mad at me for some reason. I told her she needs to not be mad at anyone. Life happens and not everyone can make it to every meal. Being mad about it is only going to make them want to not go next time too.

In her eyes I have failed as a parent for not raising them with the right values or at least not forcing them to go. I know my mom is hurt but she needs to stop being so rude about it. My kids have their own lives and that is okay.
OMFG, For the Petes Sake......Thanksgiving is over with and Gone. Move onto the Black Friday troll posts....please
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:44 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:28 am One worked, one stayed with her dad, and one had dinner with his girlfriend's family. I was pretty bummed they didn't come either but it is what it is. I told my mom last week that they probably weren't all going to be there. I thought DD might be coming at least but I wasn't going to tell her she couldn't spend more time with her dad.

My mom tried to convince them all to come but it clearly didn't work out. She is mad at my kids but more mad at me for some reason. I told her she needs to not be mad at anyone. Life happens and not everyone can make it to every meal. Being mad about it is only going to make them want to not go next time too.

In her eyes I have failed as a parent for not raising them with the right values or at least not forcing them to go. I know my mom is hurt but she needs to stop being so rude about it. My kids have their own lives and that is okay.
OMFG, For the Petes Sake......Thanksgiving is over with and Gone. Move onto the Black Friday troll posts....please
Why is this automatically a troll post? Many people especially older people have a hard time with change. Even more so with Grandparents. They have already felt the lost of their children growing up,finding spouses and creating traditions. Now they have to do it again some people do get upset and pouty over the loss of seeing their grandchildren at the holidays. Its the circle of life and some people have a hard time adjusting to it
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I have always made time to visit my people(parents/grandparents) on Thanksgiving and Christmas. If I’m in the area I better show up. Lol

I can kind of understand where your mom is coming from.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Uh huh, this is the best you can do?
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This sounds like what my Father will be like in a few years. We have Sunday night dinner at their house every week and if one of my kids can't make it for some reason you'd think the world had split apart. I should somehow stop them from doing any activity that might have things occurring between 4 and 8 on Sunday.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:11 pm I have always made time to visit my people(parents/grandparents) on Thanksgiving and Christmas. If I’m in the area I better show up. Lol

Not always possible. There comes a time when iin some families where its impossible. They have jobs,school,internships and even other family members such as their in laws. They shouldnt be made to feel guilty because of growing up. Thats what they are suppose to do and thats exactly what these kids have done. We arent having "Thanksgiving" until Sunday due to issues
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:49 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:11 pm I have always made time to visit my people(parents/grandparents) on Thanksgiving and Christmas. If I’m in the area I better show up. Lol

Not always possible. There comes a time when iin some families where its impossible. They have jobs,school,internships and even other family members such as their in laws. They shouldnt be made to feel guilty because of growing up. Thats what they are suppose to do and thats exactly what these kids have done. We arent having "Thanksgiving" until Sunday due to issues
I get that it’s not always possible, but if I’m in the same area as my family I visit them before I visit friends/others.. that’s just how we do it in my family.

I still believe grandma’s feelings are valid.How she is expressing her feelings may not be cool.. I can understand her disappointment.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:57 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:49 pm

I get that it’s not always possible, but if I’m in the same area as my family I visit them before I visit friends/others.. that’s just how we do it in my family.

I still believe grandma’s feelings are valid.How she is expressing her feelings may not be cool.. I can understand her disappointment.
Ops kids were.at.work with their dad and their SO's family...Not just blowing people off
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

I'm surprised you still go to your mom's for thanksgiving. Didn't you ever want to start a new tradition at your house?
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’m trying to figure out if I can go within 25 miles of my moms on NYE and skip the visit because I will be there for Christmas
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Locked Previous topicNext topic