I'm not allowing my daughter to come stay at my house alone over winter break

mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:38 am She is 19 and in college. Originally she was going to stay in school over winter break but they canceled the class she was in. Her dorm itself closes over break so she had to apply to stay in another dorm and now that the class is cancelled they won't let her stay.

She called and asked if she could come stay at home. I told her no. Last year she came over winter break and DH left for a couple days and had to rush home after DD threw a party and we had to go pick her up from the police station for underage drinking. The house was wrecked and some stuff was damaged. She said it started as a few friends coming over and then someone posted on Facebook that there was a party and a bunch of people showed up. I don't know how true that is but we were very upset and disappointed.

No parties and pick up after yourself didn't seem like hard rules to follow.

DH are traveling most of the time she would be here. No way are we risking her staying at our house alone for a month. She has apologized so many times for what happened but I don't know if I can trust her. I trusted her before and I had to pick her up from the police station.

My sister thinks I am being extreme and that she should always be able to go home. If we were home it wouldn't be a problem. DD asked my sister it she could stay with her and sis said no too.

I told DD she could stay with her grandparents. They would be happy to have her but they are very strict and she doesn't want to. She is acting like she is homeless and having to sleep on the streets. She has options but none are what she wants to do. Sorry DD but actions have consequences and now you are dealing with them.
For posterity.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Oh my god with these recycled posts. Why??
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I rememebr this post from last year (that she threw a party). I have a 19 year old and I probably wouldn't let her either. I've left my 19 year old and 16 year old home alone for a few days but they've never broken my trust by doing something stupid like have a party. If they did it would be a long time before it would happen again.

One option...if she really has nowhere to go...they sell video baby cams on amazon that allow you to remotely watch from your phone. The one my sister has cost 40 bucks (in Canada so probably cheaper for you) and works amazingly. It even uploads 48 hours of video to the cloud so you can review it and eve save it. My sister has hours of video saved of my niece playing in her room alone. If she tries to disable it she's out of the house or you just don't tell her about it (but I don't know if I'd want to risk watching my kid walk into the living room naked because she thought she was alone) If she really is sorry she won't have another party but the video monitor will let you know for sure.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:20 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:13 am
mojogirl wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:05 am This has already been posted, word for word.
I posted about what happened last year.
Same story last year. She wasn't coming to stay alone because she trashed the house the year before. Try again.
Yep
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:38 am She is 19 and in college. Originally she was going to stay in school over winter break but they canceled the class she was in. Her dorm itself closes over break so she had to apply to stay in another dorm and now that the class is cancelled they won't let her stay.

She called and asked if she could come stay at home. I told her no. Last year she came over winter break and DH left for a couple days and had to rush home after DD threw a party and we had to go pick her up from the police station for underage drinking. The house was wrecked and some stuff was damaged. She said it started as a few friends coming over and then someone posted on Facebook that there was a party and a bunch of people showed up. I don't know how true that is but we were very upset and disappointed.

No parties and pick up after yourself didn't seem like hard rules to follow.

DH are traveling most of the time she would be here. No way are we risking her staying at our house alone for a month. She has apologized so many times for what happened but I don't know if I can trust her. I trusted her before and I had to pick her up from the police station.

My sister thinks I am being extreme and that she should always be able to go home. If we were home it wouldn't be a problem. DD asked my sister it she could stay with her and sis said no too.

I told DD she could stay with her grandparents. They would be happy to have her but they are very strict and she doesn't want to. She is acting like she is homeless and having to sleep on the streets. She has options but none are what she wants to do. Sorry DD but actions have consequences and now you are dealing with them.
I've read this on here and CM.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I cant imagine being such a huge assholish jackanapes and basically leaving a child homeless during a break.
IF you and dh werent such shitty F***ing parents in the first place you would have taught your kid manners, boundaries and respect. This wouldnt be an issue now.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

She's an adult and will figure it out on her own.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Awesome. Another stunning episode of My Fucked Up Family.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:44 am This story pops up every year about this time.
Sure does.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Here's something for you to think about:
She most definitely has a key to the house. And even if she doesn't...As soon as she has learned of the dates that you and DH will be traveling, she'll be moving in. In fact, just to spite you, she may even throw a party or two.
Locked Previous topicNext topic