Daycare worker fired for writing body-shaming note about 5-year-old

Anonymous 5

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:54 pm The first issue I see here is she is calling a daycare a school. It's not a school, it's a daycare. They don't hire licensed teachers, they're not teachers. And the center fired the worker, what more does that woman want?
They would have to pay the workers more than minimum wage to get licensed teachers. I worked at a childcare center and the starting pay was .25 more than minimum wage and raises never happened. The head starts around here started requiring those with bachelors degrees and preferably masters degree in education and the starting pay was 20,000 a year, most schools around here start at 60,000 plus. They weren't able to find teachers with those qualifications and couldn't afford to pay more so they had to settle with who they could get just like in the childcare setting.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:54 pm The first issue I see here is she is calling a daycare a school. It's not a school, it's a daycare. They don't hire licensed teachers, they're not teachers. And the center fired the worker, what more does that woman want?
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

do you personally know this daycare? depending on where it is, most require a degree to work in them now, and YES a TEACHING DEGREE IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:47 am
They would have to pay the workers more than minimum wage to get licensed teachers. I worked at a childcare center and the starting pay was .25 more than minimum wage and raises never happened. The head starts around here started requiring those with bachelors degrees and preferably masters degree in education and the starting pay was 20,000 a year, most schools around here start at 60,000 plus. They weren't able to find teachers with those qualifications and couldn't afford to pay more so they had to settle with who they could get just like in the childcare setting.
What person with a teaching degree would work at a daycare and not at an actual school where the pay and bennies are better? It is not a school it is a daycare.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:15 pm
What person with a teaching degree would work at a daycare and not at an actual school where the pay and bennies are better? It is not a school it is a daycare.
You're not very worldly, are you.....some daycares pay better than actual schools, and bene's are waaaaaaaaaay better too
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:15 pm
Our daycare pays better and has better benefits than the public schools where my sister & BIL (both with Masters) taught.

But really, I think you are a little too hung up on the word “school.” I went to First Day School at Quaker Meeting, Sunday School at church, and my husband attended Jewish Day School. Many children are home schooled. There’s no requirement in any of those settings to have a teaching license. It’s nit picky to argue that a place where children are educated can’t be called a “school” because the educators don’t have a specific license. Education happens in many different ways and places and there’s nothing wrong with referring to those places as “schools.”
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:03 pm
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

do you personally know this daycare? depending on where it is, most require a degree to work in them now, and YES a TEACHING DEGREE IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
Pretty damn sure it's a daycare as the article identifies it as Rocking Horse Day Care
Locked Previous topicNext topic