Would you rather...

Anonymous 6

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:48 pm Be happy or have a lot of money?

I know this is cliche by this point but I honestly want to know. Obviously money can make you happier by giving you a more comfortable life, but if you had to choose, which is more important? (No "you can have both" answers, I know that lol).

I think to a certain extent money matters but after that, it doesn't. It matters to be financially stable and live comfortably with all your needs met, most of your wants, not worrying about food on the table etc. But between being comfortably middle-class and ultra-rich? I'd rather be less well off and happy.
Money can buy happiness and therefore provide happiness
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

I'd choose happiness but if the question was love or money, money wins!
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

If I take the money does that mean I have to be miserable?? Cause I'm pretty happy already.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

It doesn’t have to be one or the other though. You can buy happiness with enough money.
Anonymous 1

mojogirl wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:31 pm If I take the money does that mean I have to be miserable?? Cause I'm pretty happy already.
Yeah for the purposes of the question it's one or the other, sorry girl!
Anonymous 1

Gorilla_Mama wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:39 pm It doesn’t have to be one or the other though. You can buy happiness with enough money.
I never said it has to be one or the other. I'm obviously aware you can have both. The question was asking IF you could only have one, which would it be. And I don't necessarily agree with the statement that money can buy happiness.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Happy.
Anonymous 1

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:21 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:48 pm Be happy or have a lot of money?

I know this is cliche by this point but I honestly want to know. Obviously money can make you happier by giving you a more comfortable life, but if you had to choose, which is more important? (No "you can have both" answers, I know that lol).

I think to a certain extent money matters but after that, it doesn't. It matters to be financially stable and live comfortably with all your needs met, most of your wants, not worrying about food on the table etc. But between being comfortably middle-class and ultra-rich? I'd rather be less well off and happy.
Money can buy happiness and therefore provide happiness
I think money can provide you with things that may make you happier and give you a more comfortable life but I don't believe that the more and more money you have, the happier and happier you get. At a certain point, it plateaus.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Happiness trumps money every day for me. I work at a school where the tuition is ridiculous for the age we service...yet all of those who drive up the path in their Tesla’s and Porches seem so miserable.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:03 pm
mojogirl wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:31 pm If I take the money does that mean I have to be miserable?? Cause I'm pretty happy already.
Yeah for the purposes of the question it's one or the other, sorry girl!
So if one chooses money, they will be miserable?
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Locked Previous topicNext topic