'She's got a son': Trump seems to forget he has a son with Melania

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jas wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:36 pm
Francee89 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:12 pm
Lexy wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:31 pm It seems he's talking about Melania's motive for getting involved with the vaping issue, which is the fact that she has a young son. This is a non story.
If I was talking someone else about an issue or hobby or interest my husband has picked up as a result of one of my children, I wouldn’t say “he knows all about dogs because his daughter likes them”. Would you?
As someone who hold public office it might be a way of separating yourself. There's a lot more to harp on than this.
Separating himself from what? He’s not shy about nepotism and family in government - he employs his daughter and son-in-law in senior roles working on issues they’re wildly unqualified for, and he’s talking about banning vape fluid based on his wife’s concerns. Purposely verbally distancing himself from his young son is pretty bizarre in that context.

It’s certainly not the most important issue in the world. But it’s hardly unfair to discuss or a “non-story” when he’s bragged about how genius and well spoken he is, and doesn’t let other people’s verbal stumbles go unremarked on by him.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:47 pm

If I was talking someone else about an issue or hobby or interest my husband has picked up as a result of one of my children, I wouldn’t say “he knows all about dogs because his daughter likes them”. Would you?
As someone who hold public office it might be a way of separating yourself. There's a lot more to harp on than this.
Separating himself from what? He’s not shy about nepotism or family in government - he employs his daughter and son-in-law in senior roles they’re wildly unqualified for, and he’s talking about banning vape fluid based on his wife’s concerns. Purposely verbally distancing himself from his young son is pretty bizarre in that context.

It’s certainly not the most important issue in the world. But it’s hardly unfair to discuss or a “non-story” when he’s bragged about how genius and well spoken he is, and doesn’t let other people’s verbal stumbles go unremarked on by him.
You think it's bizarre - I don't. I've seen the separation in other political venues making this a non issue. You want to continue to make fun of the guy for THIS - power to you. I personally think there's a lot of other things out there to make fun of him of.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jas wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:32 pm That was completely out of context. Come on.
Seriously, what do you really expect from the fine journalists at the Daily Beast, the Root, Salon, and the like? Anything they can twist around and take out of context to make a click-bait title, well, they're on that like stink on shit.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

29again wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:54 pm
jas wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:32 pm That was completely out of context. Come on.
Seriously, what do you really expect from the fine journalists at the Daily Beast, the Root, Salon, and the like? Anything they can twist around and take out of context to make a click-bait title, well, they're on that like stink on shit.
true that
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You have got to be kidding. The king of nepotism trying to “separate himself” from family? Maybe he should start by not giving his kids jobs they’re not qualified to have.
Lexy wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:31 pm It seems he's talking about Melania's motive for getting involved with the vaping issue, which is the fact that she has a young son. This is a non story.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jas wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:51 pm
Francee89 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:47 pm

Separating himself from what? He’s not shy about nepotism or family in government - he employs his daughter and son-in-law in senior roles they’re wildly unqualified for, and he’s talking about banning vape fluid based on his wife’s concerns. Purposely verbally distancing himself from his young son is pretty bizarre in that context.

You think it's bizarre - I don't. I've seen the separation in other political venues making this a non issue. You want to continue to make fun of the guy for THIS - power to you. I personally think there's a lot of other things out there to make fun of him of.
He wants to ban vape fluid because his wife is concerned and he employs Senior Advisor Daughter and Son-In-Law, once describing how Ivanka called him “daddy” when asking to go on an official White House trip, but acknowledging the son Melania is worried about is also his son is somehow a bridge too far? What’s not bizarre about Barron being the instance where he draws the line?

There are plenty of things to make fun of him for. The fact that The Very Stable Genius with The Best Words accidentally described his son as his wife’s son, before immediately trying to correct himself with “together” can surely be one of them.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:56 pm You have got to be kidding. The king of nepotism trying to “separate himself” from family? Maybe he should start by not giving his kids jobs they’re not qualified to have.

While sitting next to his non-medically trained wife, staying he’s going to make political decisions based, in part, on her concern. You can’t make this stuff up.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What’s out of context or twisted? The article accurately notes exactly what he said:

“That’s how the first lady got involved. She’s got a son,” Trump said before quickly adding the word “together.”
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:04 pm
What’s out of context or twisted? The article accurately notes exactly what he said:

“That’s how the first lady got involved. She’s got a son,” Trump said before quickly adding the word “together.”
I don't see any big deal about explaining how FLOTUS gets involved in an issue. I certainly do not see any issue with the way he explained about this particular issue -- saying she got involved because SHE has a son does NOT mean that POTUS does not have a son. For her to be concerned enough to get involved, it is not necessary to explain that the child has a father, also. It is sufficient, to me, to simply say that she involved herself because she has a son. I find this article to be twisted to make a mountain out of a molehill.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:56 pm You have got to be kidding. The king of nepotism trying to “separate himself” from family? Maybe he should start by not giving his kids jobs they’re not qualified to have.

From family, from issues, from whatever. Just because you do something one day doesn't mean you can't do it another way on a different day.
Locked Previous topicNext topic