I just need to keep my mouth shut

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

People like your Mom and Aunt don't have the confidence or self esteem to do what you are doing, so they try to tear you down to feel better about themselves. I wouldn't listen to them. Keep doing you and ignore their negativity.
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

No, what you need to do is tell that Negative Nancy Bitch of a Mother to shut the hell up. If she doesn't have anything nice or supportive to say, she needs to keep it to herself. I get the feeling your depression stems from her bitch ass. Cut her off for a month and see what happens to your mood and outlook on life.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Don't talk to your mother anymore. Seriously. Just don't. If she's always like this then she likely caused your depression in the first place. Just cut her off, change your number. She has no right dumping all that negativity in your life.

I don't know for sure, but I have a feeling my grandma was very critical of my mom while she was growing up. Just from what I do know of grandma plus diary entries my mom made as a teen (that I read after my mom died). My mom battled depression her entire adult life and also battled alcoholism which eventually killed her at age 66. I can't help but wonder how much my mom's upbringing fed into all of that. Not that kids shouldn't be criticized, but kids also need praise. You can't always criticize and never praise. It will destroy a person and I feel like that's what your mom has done to you. Don't let her anymore.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Do you have a disability? I am not asking to be mean, I am just trying to understand her mindset that you are unable to do these things.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Limit contact with her. Sadly, some parents are only happy when they criticize their grown children.

She probably has a personality disorder, and will never be a supportive mom to you. She is probably jealous of your ambition.

Keep working on your goals and ignore all negative people, including relatives.
Locked Previous topicNext topic