Road trips with the whole family…

SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

We usually go on road trips with my own little family plus my dad and stepmom. THAT becomes a little much because my dad has a big personality, lol, to put it nicely. But in general I do love road trips.

We’re thinking of taking one at the end of June with my dad, step, DH, DS15, and toddler. We’ll see how much I love it then 😅😅😅
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We are in the minority. We are NOT a road trip family. I sort of wish we were, as the destinations would be fun & my kids would have more experiences. But alas, it is not meant to be!!

But have a blast! Majority of families make so many find memories!
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Love them. But we don't usually do more than a couple hours. When my 5 year old is older we'll do longer trips.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

We all love road trips, especially the kids. I drove my kids from Houston to Salt Lake City in 2020 just before lockdowns and they were amazed by the scenery and still talk about all the stops we made along the way.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We are a road trip family. 5 hours one way could be a day trip for us. This coming weekend we are doing 12.5 hours each way, leaving Sat morning and coming back Mon evening. We've been doing road trips since the kids were little so they are used to it. I think that makes it a bit easier. Electronics also makes it easier ;) But yeah, we're not afraid of time in the car together. That's easy. The thing we all hate is getting on an airplane. We'll do it if time is an issue, but we all hate it for various reasons. Actually I think my 17yo is the only one who doesn't mind any aspect of flying.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

For me it depends on the day and the mood of the family. I have had road trips that have been fun and others where I want to jump out of the moving car. It also depends on the scenery you are looking at.

We travelled across Canada and those darn Prairie provinces are boring as all to go through, there is only so many wheat fields you can look at. Then you hit the second part of Alberta and BC and it is beautiful and you can spend all day just staring out the window.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mixed reaction. Is there a destination in mind, are we on a timeline, are we making stops along the way to view the sights or just driving through and only stopping to pee or fuel up in order to get to the destination? There's a lot to consider. Generally I don't mind road trips but the circumstances make a difference
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Oh f**k no. My family tried this exactly one (1) time and we were all sufficiently scarred by the experience that it never crossed our minds again. Some people simply should not be in a cramped vehicle together for several consecutive hours. It's us. We're the people.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic