As Trump airs his election doubts, many supporters say they won't accept a Biden win in 2024

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:22 am
Della wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:18 am
Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:55 am

America is going to be just fine…
You really aren't paying attention to him and his team players.
And you really like prophesying the downfall of America…

Fact of the matter is, when Trump was president, the country as a whole was doing better than it is now.
In what way?
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:30 am
Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:22 am
Della wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:18 am

You really aren't paying attention to him and his team players.
And you really like prophesying the downfall of America…

Fact of the matter is, when Trump was president, the country as a whole was doing better than it is now.
In what way?
In 2019 $40 could get you three days worth of food, now it’s 1 days worth of food

In 2019 the interest rate was 3.9, today it’s 5.4

In 2019 people had one job that could pay the bills, now people have to have two jobs to pay the bills. The democrats like to say “oh look! The unemployment rate is down” but they like to overlook how many people have gone down to part time at two jobs and they aren’t getting any benefits.

In 2019 we gave 39.9 billion in foreign aid. In 2024 it’s up to 63 billion a year…

The Biden administration is crushing financially insecure Americans.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Average mortgage payment in 2019 - $1,609
Average mortgage payment today - $2,200

Average car payment in 2019 - $400
Average car payment today - $550
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:56 am Average mortgage payment in 2019 - $1,609

Average retirement account balance 2019: $295,743
Average retirement account balance 2022: $333,945

You can pick and choose individual stats to make any point you want. But the economy is much more complex than just a payment amount.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:25 am
WellPreserved wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:13 am
Polling like this really doesn't matter. What matters is how voters vote in the swing states. Currently, polling in swing states has Trump ahead but within the margin of error. What's significant is that his lead has diminished since March polling in every single swing state. Also significant that Haley received 16% of vote in GOP Pennsylvania primary in April and 20% of vote in Indiana primary earlier this week.

Of course, if Trump is convicted in the current campaign finance case, that will be a huge game changer.

Bottom line is it's just too early to tell.

I am NOT a huge Biden fan but I don't dislike him enough to subvert democracy by voting for Trump and in a two party system, there are no other options. Perhaps if I lived in a solidly Blue or Red state, I'd consider throwing away my vote on a third party candidate in protest but I'm in a purple state so no chance. I'm confident that Biden will win the general election.
Ok. Time will tell…
If I'm right, do you think Trump supporters will accept the election results willingly? If you don't, does that cause you any concern? If you do, why different this time?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:36 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:56 am Average mortgage payment in 2019 - $1,609

Average retirement account balance 2019: $295,743
Average retirement account balance 2022: $333,945

You can pick and choose individual stats to make any point you want. But the economy is much more complex than just a payment amount.
According to a recent AARP survey, about 1 in 4 U.S. adults aged 50 and older say they never expect to retire and 70% are concerned about prices increasing faster than their income.

Data from the Federal Reserve’s most recent Survey of Consumer Finances (2022) indicates the median retirement savings account balance for all U.S. families stands at $87,000.

The average retirement savings account balance for all families is higher, at $333,940, since the wealthiest households tend to drive the average up.

https://fox59.com/news/national-world/h ... y-age/amp/

I said “financially insecure”…

The wealthiest of people are still doing fine.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:13 am

Polling like this really doesn't matter. What matters is how voters vote in the swing states. Currently, polling in swing states has Trump ahead but within the margin of error. What's significant is that his lead has diminished since March polling in every single swing state. Also significant that Haley received 16% of vote in GOP Pennsylvania primary in April and 20% of vote in Indiana primary earlier this week.

Of course, if Trump is convicted in the current campaign finance case, that will be a huge game changer.

Bottom line is it's just too early to tell.

I am NOT a huge Biden fan but I don't dislike him enough to subvert democracy by voting for Trump and in a two party system, there are no other options. Perhaps if I lived in a solidly Blue or Red state, I'd consider throwing away my vote on a third party candidate in protest but I'm in a purple state so no chance. I'm confident that Biden will win the general election.
Ok. Time will tell…
If I'm right, do you think Trump supporters will accept the election results willingly? If you don't, does that cause you any concern? If you do, why different this time?
I don’t know…

We’ve never had a presidential candidate legally barred from traveling during an election season before in a trial that pretty much all his supporters think is strategically timed to stop him from campaigning.

They might- no, they do- think that’s election interference . And I totally get it… you disagree. But your disagreement doesn’t make them feel any less slighted.

Federal prosecutors and agents may never select the timing of any action, including investigative steps, criminal charges, or statements, for the purpose of affecting any election, or for the purpose of giving an advantage or disadvantage to any candidate or political party.
https://www.justice.gov/jm/jm-9-85000-p ... al%20party.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:02 pm

Ok. Time will tell…
I don’t know…

We’ve never had a presidential candidate legally barred from traveling during an election season before in a trial that pretty much all his supporters think is strategically timed to stop him from campaigning.

They might- no, they do- think that’s election interference . And I totally get it… you disagree. But your disagreement doesn’t make them feel any less slighted.

Federal prosecutors and agents may never select the timing of any action, including investigative steps, criminal charges, or statements, for the purpose of affecting any election, or for the purpose of giving an advantage or disadvantage to any candidate or political party.
9-85.300 Non-Interference in Elections When Conducting Federal Criminal Investigations Involving Ballot Fraud

Ballot fraud is crime involving the process by which voters are registered, votes are cast, or votes are tabulated. The Department has long recognized that the States – not the federal government – are responsible for administering elections, determining the validity of votes, and tabulating the results, with challenges handled by the appropriate election administrators, officials, legislatures, and courts. The Department has a limited role in these processes and should generally avoid interfering or appearing to interfere with election administration, tabulation, validation, or certification. See § 9-85.500. The Department’s role is limited to investigating and prosecuting violations of federal election laws and deterring criminal conduct. Accordingly, the Department should not engage in overt criminal investigative measures in matters involving alleged ballot fraud until the election in question has been concluded, its results certified, and all recounts and election contests concluded. Doing otherwise runs the risk of chilling legitimate voting and campaign activities and of interjecting the investigation itself into ongoing campaigns and the adjudication of any ensuing election contest. It may, however, often be appropriate, in consultation with the Public Integrity Section, to share information and allegations involving such matters with state or local authorities where an immediate need for overt measures exists. Exceptions to this policy may be recognized, but only with the approval of the Public Integrity Section.

[added August 2022]

https://www.justice.gov/jm/jm-9-85000-p ... y#9-85.300
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:18 pm

I don’t know…

9-85.300 Non-Interference in Elections When Conducting Federal Criminal Investigations Involving Ballot Fraud

Ballot fraud is crime involving the process by which voters are registered, votes are cast, or votes are tabulated. The Department has long recognized that the States – not the federal government – are responsible for administering elections, determining the validity of votes, and tabulating the results, with challenges handled by the appropriate election administrators, officials, legislatures, and courts. The Department has a limited role in these processes and should generally avoid interfering or appearing to interfere with election administration, tabulation, validation, or certification. See § 9-85.500. The Department’s role is limited to investigating and prosecuting violations of federal election laws and deterring criminal conduct. Accordingly, the Department should not engage in overt criminal investigative measures in matters involving alleged ballot fraud until the election in question has been concluded, its results certified, and all recounts and election contests concluded. Doing otherwise runs the risk of chilling legitimate voting and campaign activities and of interjecting the investigation itself into ongoing campaigns and the adjudication of any ensuing election contest. It may, however, often be appropriate, in consultation with the Public Integrity Section, to share information and allegations involving such matters with state or local authorities where an immediate need for overt measures exists. Exceptions to this policy may be recognized, but only with the approval of the Public Integrity Section.

[added August 2022]

Maybe if this trial was about ballot fraud, that would matter…

But it isn’t.

And his supporters think it’s strategically timed to interfere with his campaign.

What he’s on trial for happened in 2016, and six months before a 2024 election is when they chose to put him on trial for it…
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:21 pm
Della wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:18 pm

I don’t know…

[added August 2022]

Maybe if this trial was about ballot fraud, that would matter…

But it isn’t.

And his supporters think it’s strategically timed to interfere with his campaign.
It matters because you're using the law incorrectly.

His supporters believe it because they believe his lies.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic