UCLA anti-Israel protesters ask supporters for vegan and gluten-free food, zip ties, shields and EpiPens

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:02 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:42 pm
Lol, die of dehydration and starvation…

Go home then.

The university has set up a lovely cafeteria for them… they’re not obligated to deliver food to them as they commit felonies.
The protesters are asking those who support their political stance to aid them in their effort to stay in the encampments. They aren't asking the university for these things.

Agree or disagree about their reasons for protesting and occupying the space, but no need to conflate the "demands" for the university to divest from what they see as genocide, and their requests for supplies from their supporters.
They chose to barricade themselves into the building. Have you seen the mess they created in that building. They should go home if they get that thirsty. Most of them Per Mayor Adams the ones barricaded in the building were NOT students hence the University own them nothing but to charge them with trespassing.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Go home then.

The university has set up a lovely cafeteria for them… they’re not obligated to deliver food to them as they commit felonies.
The protesters are asking those who support their political stance to aid them in their effort to stay in the encampments. They aren't asking the university for these things.

Agree or disagree about their reasons for protesting and occupying the space, but no need to conflate the "demands" for the university to divest from what they see as genocide, and their requests for supplies from their supporters.
It seems like the guys who protected the American flag from being taken down and replaced with a Palestinian one are getting thousands per minute donated…

Maybe these protesters can take some notes?

Someone set up a Go Fund Me page to "throw a rager" for the boys at UNC Chapel Hill who protected the American flag. The description reads:

"Commie losers across the country have invaded college campuses to make dumb demands of weak University Administrators.

But amidst the chaos, the screaming, the anti-semitism, the hatred of faith and flag, stood a platoon of American heroes. Armored in Vineyard Vines and Patagonia, fueled by Zyn and White Claws, these triumphant Brohemians protected Old Glory from the unwashed Marxist horde -- laughing at their shrieks and wails and shielding the Stars & Stripes from Soviet missiles.

These boys... no, men, of the UNC Chapel Hill Pi Kappa Phi, gave the best to America and now they deserve the best.

Help us raise funds to throw this frat the party they deserve, a party worth of the boat-shoed Broleteriat who did their country proud."
2A2161FB-B7B3-46A8-B520-24048B03784A.png
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes. Bunch of entitled snowflakes. You can’t handle taking care of yourself while illegally hijacking and taking over the school, then go home to your vegan, gluten free meal. Criminals don’t get to make demands. Why is the university responsible to cater to these anarchist morons? They would make Hamas proud: act badly and then expect those you’re hurting to take care of you. Screw it.
WellPreserved wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:15 pm
Lexy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:43 pm
Anti-Israel protesters who have set up an encampment on the campus of the University of California, Los Angeles are asking supporters to donate various items to help them sustain their acts of disobedience, including vegan food, gas masks and EpiPens.

A Google document posted online by Students for Justice in Palestine at UCLA shows a list of much-needed items wanted by the protesters at the so-called UCLA Palestine Solidarity Encampment.

"We will not leave. We will remain here until our demands are met," the group said in a statement.

The list includes airsoft goggles, knee and elbow pads, utility gloves - without reinforced knuckles – bright flashlights with strobe, rope, zip ties, skater helmets, shields, wood to construct a barrier and non-steroid inhalers.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/ucla-anti-is ... ds-epipens
Are those requests unreasonable?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Plus, in the video you posted that clueless girl actually said the university was responsible for feeding them.
Besides, you feel is-so-tough being all “revolutionary” stop acting like an entitled baby. It’s pathetic. Take care of yourself.
I tell you, these are the snowflakes that never had a “no” for an answer as children. Spoiled brats.
Lexy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:18 pm

Go home then.

They chose to barricade themselves into the building. Have you seen the mess they created in that building. They should go home if they get that thirsty. Most of them Per Mayor Adams the ones barricaded in the building were NOT students hence the University own them nothing but to charge them with trespassing.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I tell you, if these are the people we’re fighting against, I’m feeling quite relieved 😂
Qatar invested billions in radicalization and this is the best they got for it…?
Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:40 pm
Lexy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:27 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:11 pm I do love that one kid though that thinks “humanitarian aid” means delivering Taco Bell to them instead of having to walk down to the campus cafeteria…
She was a professor!
Was she really?!? Oh God… I was totally giving her the benefit of the doubt.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Go home then.

I agree. The students can ask for whatever the heck they want for all I care. it makes sense that vegans would ask for vegan food. Food does run out and apparently the students can't leave. Zip ties can be used for repairing a tent pole or attaching signs to canvas. We used zip ties in scouting to attach signs when recruiting. As long as they aren't going to zip tie anyone and hold them prisoner Idc. It's up to their privately funded suppliers to decide what to give.

If they are destroying campus property then they can be arrested. That's just wrong and backfires on their cause. But if they're just protesting then again they can get what their supporters decide to bring.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:08 pm I need to know what they could possibly need zip ties for…

I’ve been camping hundreds of times… never brought zip ties.
We've used them in scouting to attach signs to things like poles.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:02 pm

Go home then.

I agree. The students can ask for whatever the heck they want for all I care. it makes sense that vegans would ask for vegan food. Food does run out and apparently the students can't leave. Zip ties can be used for repairing a tent pole or attaching signs to canvas. We used zip ties in scouting to attach signs when recruiting. As long as they aren't going to zip tie anyone and hold them prisoner Idc. It's up to their privately funded suppliers to decide what to give.

If they are destroying campus property then they can be arrested. That's just wrong and backfires on their cause. But if they're just protesting then again they can get what their supporters decide to bring.
I dunno…

If we’re looking for context clues, the rest of the requests don’t look super un-violent… needing helmets and such…
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:21 pm

I dunno…

If we’re looking for context clues, the rest of the requests don’t look super un-violent… needing helmets and such…
Didn't the police physically drag some of the protestors away? And aren't there antisemitic attacks as well? People turned violent including shooting fireworks at other people? I admit I live in my blanket fort when it comes to the news but if I'm protesting such a controversial subject maybe I'd like a helmet as well. :D But otherwise if they turn violent they can and should be arrested.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:27 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:21 pm

I dunno…

Didn't the police physically drag some of the protestors away? And aren't there antisemitic attacks as well? People turned violent including shooting fireworks at other people? I admit I live in my blanket fort when it comes to the news but if I'm protesting such a controversial subject maybe I'd like a helmet as well. :D
The Jewish protesters aren’t asking for helmets, zip ties and incendiaries so I dunno lol…

If they are gearing up to fight cops, are we ok with that?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic