I've never been so annoyed by a children's show

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:31 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:06 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:04 am It's a cartoon. Period. End of story. Get over it. Bluey is a great 7 minute cartoon. There are a lot of great lessons in a 7 minute cartoon and the parents are super plugged in to Bluey and Bingo and teach them in every episode. I haven't seen that episode yet since it just dropped last week I believe, but again..it's. a. cartoon. Getting so worked up over it is silly IMO.
You going to tell that to a 6 year old? 'Just get over it'? Great empathy there.
I said that to OP because she is notorious for being worked up over super silly things.. I watched it and there is absolutely nothing to get upset about at all. Bluey is great and that episode was all about working things out and understanding others' points of view. There was nothing get annoyed with so Oli's faux outrage is comical.
Stop trying to tell women they can’t be bothered by anything…
If something bothered them, that’s ok.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:04 am It's a cartoon. Period. End of story. Get over it. Bluey is a great 7 minute cartoon. There are a lot of great lessons in a 7 minute cartoon and the parents are super plugged in to Bluey and Bingo and teach them in every episode. I haven't seen that episode yet since it just dropped last week I believe, but again..it's. a. cartoon. Getting so worked up over it is silly IMO.
You going to tell that to a 6 year old? 'Just get over it'? Great empathy there.
I said that to OP because she is notorious for being worked up over super silly things.. I watched it and there is absolutely nothing to get upset about at all. Bluey is great and that episode was all about working things out and understanding others' points of view. There was nothing get annoyed with so Oli's faux outrage is comical.
I’m not “worked up”, there’s nothing silly about it, and it’s pretty sick that you think the situation they are in is comical. If it’s about seeing things from others point of view you clearly missed that message. I’m not sure why you think you get to decide what other people get to be upset about, but have to leave your home under their circumstances and it now being more difficult in them is something they get to be upset about and I am allowed to have empathy for them.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It's fiction. I don't see why you should be upset with a fictional show due to this particular subject matter.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It's fiction. I don't see why you should be upset with a fictional show due to this particular subject matter.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's not faux outrage. The children are legitimately upset about moving, and were made more upset by the episode. This made the parents upset and more stressed out. The parents (and kids) are friends of Oli's and Oli cares about them, so them being upset makes Oli upset.

If you can't see how that legitimately works without calling it "faux" then I'm not sure what to say.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic