My Mom sent me some pictures of UCLA a few minutes ago…

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yeah, it’s been reported that many of the leaders aren’t associated with these colleges. Someone is funding these riots and egging on these students.
And I do wonder, what it is that they’re “protesting”? Do they even know? Have they really thought about it? What if a group of Mexican cartels entered the U.S and did what Hamas did on October 7th? Murdered innocent American in their homes, raped women, killed babies, burned people alive and then took hundreds of hostages into Mexico? Then saw videos of Mexican people dancing on the streets, handing out candy, celebrating what they did? And then promised to do it over and over again? Let’s say some of these hostages are their loved ones, what would the expect America to do? They’ll probably want America to do everything to destroy these narcos and get their loved ones back. I’m sure there wouldn’t be calls for a “ceasefire” or for America to provide aid, food, water, electricity and oil to Mexico. I’m sure America wouldn’t have phony accusations in thenICJ for “war crimes” or be accused of committing “genocide” against Mexicans. I bet no one would start shouting “from Wyoming to Chiapas Mexico will be free” or start questioning America’s right to exist claiming it’s a “colonizing” power. And I’m certain these narcos wouldn’t be called “freedom fighters”, honored and admired. I can guarantee you that America would be the good guys defending their country, while Mexicans would be the bad guys that attacked America for no reason.

Can they say SPECIFICALLY what are they “protesting”? Because it seems they don’t even know, it’s just the latest trendy thing to do. There are plenty of videos of these people being asked facts and they have no clue, they probably hadn’t heard the word “Gaza” 7 months ago and they couldn’t find Israel on the map without a huge magnifying glass. And answers like “Israel’s actions” or “the Israeli government” are BS. Have they made mistakes? Of course, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have a right to retaliate and destroy a group that’s threatening their country. Not every action the make is objectionable. They’re not evil. Without being specific about what it is one objects to, it’s obvious that it’s just prejudice and hatred, not legitimate objections.
AZOldGal66 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:15 am You don't illegally enter a building and expect other's to think it's still peaceful.

You don't harass and bully Jewish students and expect other's to think it's still peaceful.

You don't shout out things like "Gas the Jews" and "Go back to Poland" and expect other's to still think it's peaceful.

I could keep going.

I do think there are many who have wished for a peaceful protest(s) but that really isn't the case anymore. Not in most cases.

Outside groups have entered the picture as they did during the BLM protests four years ago and the game playing has changed considerably.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:24 pm So a handful have been peaceful. Have you not seen what most of them have become? Did you not see that at Columbia these students violently entered a building, vandalized it, took employees hostages and are now demanding “humanitarian aid” because they’re thirsty?
I guess their gruhub order of mocha lattes with soy milk hasn’t arrived yet…
Every minute I read of another Jew being assaulted by anti Israel protesters at USC and UCLA.
Sorry, but while exceptions may occur, the overall tendency is clear as water.
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:56 pm There have been many peaceful demonstrations and prayer vigils for Palestine, they just don’t end up on the news. And they also aren’t demonstrating because they want an end to Israel or harm to Jewish people, they just want peace. I’m glad that they had a peaceful demonstration for Israel without violence, but there isn’t a reason to use this to demonize a whole other group of people.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldGal66 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:15 am You don't illegally enter a building and expect other's to think it's still peaceful.

You don't harass and bully Jewish students and expect other's to think it's still peaceful.

You don't shout out things like "Gas the Jews" and "Go back to Poland" and expect other's to still think it's peaceful.

I could keep going.

I do think there are many who have wished for a peaceful protest(s) but that really isn't the case anymore. Not in most cases.

Outside groups have entered the picture as they did during the BLM protests four years ago and the game playing has changed considerably.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:24 pm So a handful have been peaceful. Have you not seen what most of them have become? Did you not see that at Columbia these students violently entered a building, vandalized it, took employees hostages and are now demanding “humanitarian aid” because they’re thirsty?
Every minute I read of another Jew being assaulted by anti Israel protesters at USC and UCLA.
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:56 pm There have been many peaceful demonstrations and prayer vigils for Palestine, they just don’t end up on the news. And they also aren’t demonstrating because they want an end to Israel or harm to Jewish people, they just want peace. I’m glad that they had a peaceful demonstration for Israel without violence, but there isn’t a reason to use this to demonize a whole other group of people.
You don't moan and cry about a land that your own book says God kicked you out of 2000 years ago, like Herzl did.

You don't needle people like Balfour into promises to a land that has been home to others for 2000 years.

You don't lie about your intentions with the land you weren't given.

You don't steal land that wasn't mandated for you.

You don't claim that the majority of the protesters are terrorists bearing false witness against your neighbors.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Protestors are calling for their universities to divest from corporations that profit from Israel’s war in Gaza.

Here is a list of campuses that have pro-Palestinian "encampments":

Australia: University of Melbourne, University of Sydney

Canada: McGill University, Concordia University

France: Paris Institute of Political Studies (Sciences Po), Sorbonne University

Italy: Sapienza University

UK: Leeds University, University College London, Warwick University

United States: American University, Arizona State University, California State Polytechnic University, Columbia College Chicago, Columbia University, Cornell University, Drexel University, Emerson College, Emory University, Fashion Institute of Technology, Georgetown University, Humboldt, Indiana University Bloomington, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Michigan State University East Lansing Campus, Morehouse College, New York University, Ohio State University, Rice University, Roosevelt University, School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Stanford University, Swarthmore College, Temple University, The City College of New York, The New School, Tufts University, University of California Berkeley, University of California Los Angeles, University of Chicago, University of Colorado, University of Connecticut, University of Maryland Baltimore County, University of Michigan Ann Arbor, University of Minnesota, University of New Mexico, University of North Carolina Charlotte, University of Pennsylvania, University of Pittsburgh, University of Southern California in Los Angeles, University of Texas Arlington, University of Texas Austin, University of Texas Dallas, University of Texas San Antonio, Vanderbilt University, Virginia Tech, Washington University, Yale University and George Washington University

To date, administrations at Brown, Northwestern and Portland have reached an agreement with their respective campus encampment organizers.

At the same time, massive protests in Tel Aviv have broken out. Protestors are demanding the resignation of Netanyahu, immediate ceasefire, and release of hostages. There have been numerous clashes with police as well as arrests. Protestors have set fire to tires and blocked roads. Protestors have also stormed a stadium.

In a May Day Action, workers are blockading the UK Trade Department in London and BAE Systems’ arms factories in Scotland, Wales and Lancashire in protest to the British Government's refusal to impose an arms embargo to Israel.

Protesting war is not anti-semitism.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Della wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:43 am

I could keep going.

You don't moan and cry about a land that your own book says God kicked you out of 2000 years ago, like Herzl did.

You don't needle people like Balfour into promises to a land that has been home to others for 2000 years.

You don't claim that the majority of the protesters are terrorists bearing false witness against your neighbors.
Do you honestly believe that the current crop of protesters, many of which see protesting as their profession and occupied Hamilton Hall at Columbia and demanded food and water, are truly thinking about these suggestions you've made?

Since these recent protests have began on October 8th, many protesters have no clue which "river" and which "sea" they're repeatedly chanting about.

While I don't agree with some of what you wrote above (and will not engage in a pissing contest with you about it), the most recent batch of protesters are found to be from "outside agitators" (many of them) who love to create anarchy.

They're there to create conflict and chaos. THAT doesn't help the Palestinians whatsoever.
just an old coot 😉🌵
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It’s amazing how fast people can go from “I disagree with Israeli policies” to “Jews stole the land and Israel shouldn’t exist”.
The next step in the ladder won’t be far behind 🤷🏼‍♀️
AZOldGal66 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:54 am

I could keep going.

Do you honestly believe that the current crop of protesters, many of which see protesting as their profession and occupied Hamilton Hall at Columbia and demanded food and water, are truly thinking about these suggestions you've made?

Since these recent protests have began on October 8th, many protesters have no clue which "river" and which "sea" they're repeatedly chanting about.

While I don't agree with some of what you wrote above (and will not engage in a pissing contest with you about it), the most recent batch of protesters are found to be from "outside agitators" (many of them) who love to create anarchy.

They're there to create conflict and chaos. THAT doesn't help the Palestinians whatsoever.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

😍

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

NYC mayor praises police after Columbia raid, warns of movement 'radicalizing our children'

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nypd-holds-b ... y-building
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:14 am 😍

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And now there were clashes in UCLA because Jewish students started a counter protest, they waved Israeli and American flags and blasted music in Hebrew. From people who were there or have kids who were there, the pro Hamas gang didn’t like it and started throwing pepper spray (not even store bought. Apparently, they made it). Jewish students have had enough and fought back. It was pandemonium. But I personally applaud those kids who stopped laying low and turning the other cheek when law enforcement and school administrators have failed to protect them from these thugs.
I mean, they’ve been asking for an “Intifada”, haven’t they? Well, they got it. As usual with Palestinians and they’re supporters after they’ve been encouraging violence for a while when it finally comes back to them, they cry that they’re the poor innocent victims and I’m willing to bet the MSM will run along with it. Pro Hamas students harassing and assaulting Jewish students? “Resistance”. Jewish students fighting back? “Evil, violent Zionists”. There’s nothing an antisemite hates more than Jews defending themselves, as we have seen with this war.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldGal66 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:54 am

I could keep going.

Do you honestly believe they are all idiots planted by some conspiracy?

https://racketmn.com/university-of-minn ... -own-words

I think the majority of these young adults are waking up to what has been going on in Palestine. I don't think they are ignorant or guided by propaganda. Don't you remember the Israel Palestine wars on CM? That was in 2008. They were around for the news and they have grown up learning about it.

There are some outside agitators, but not near as many as what right wing news has you believing.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic