Two MS-13 gang members convicted of killing a teenage girl in a satanic ritual in 2017 have each been sentenced

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

SHE is a religious icon to many in Mexico.....

"Santa Muerte: The rise of Mexico’s death 'saint' - BBC News" https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-am ... 804243.amp
just an old coot 😉🌵
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Satanic rituals appear to be quite common with MS-13 gang members....

"Third Generation Gangs Strategic Note Number Eight | Small Wars Journal" https://smallwarsjournal.com/jrnl/art/t ... mber-eight
just an old coot 😉🌵
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:44 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:12 am
Slimshandy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:02 am

The is no satan outside of the Christian theology…
That doesn’t mean satanists (who worship satan) don’t exist.

Your version of what you think Satanism is based itself around the presumption that satan doesn’t exist, and what I am saying is that *this* is a different religion… one that DOES believe satan exists, and worships him…
Dont presume to tell me what i think. I'm sayinc God and Satan don't exist. Pre 1960s "satanism" was a claim used by the church to vilify their opponents often politically or ideologically. Now what you are talking about is theistic Satanism which once again is rooted in Christian mythology, specifically Catholic mythology. Your article even states the guy running the so called "black mass" was raised Catholic. Aka he's an "alternative" Catholic not a Satanist.
Lol so now God and satan don’t exist…

Ok, well there are some religions that believe that they do…and you don’t get to decide what religion *they* are.

There are self described satanists that pray to satan, whether you like that , believe that, or care…
God and Satan have never existed and thus the idea of a Satanist is a Christian boogeyman (specifically Catholic) that was originally intended to vilify their political and religious rivals and has become a new way for some people to disappoint their parents in an act of "rebellion" while still praying on the same damn rosary they use in Church on Sundays. Self described Satanists are merely Christians in their rebellious teenage phase of religious belief using Satan as a scape goat to justify and excuse their questionable actions or behavior while still adhering to the myths and traditions of Catholicism.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:20 am
Slimshandy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:44 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:12 am

Dont presume to tell me what i think. I'm sayinc God and Satan don't exist. Pre 1960s "satanism" was a claim used by the church to vilify their opponents often politically or ideologically. Now what you are talking about is theistic Satanism which once again is rooted in Christian mythology, specifically Catholic mythology. Your article even states the guy running the so called "black mass" was raised Catholic. Aka he's an "alternative" Catholic not a Satanist.
Lol so now God and satan don’t exist…

Ok, well there are some religions that believe that they do…and you don’t get to decide what religion *they* are.

There are self described satanists that pray to satan, whether you like that , believe that, or care…
God and Satan have never existed and thus the idea of a Satanist is a Christian boogeyman (specifically Catholic) that was originally intended to vilify their political and religious rivals and has become a new way for some people to disappoint their parents in an act of "rebellion" while still praying on the same damn rosary they use in Church on Sundays. Self described Satanists are merely Christians in their rebellious teenage phase of religious belief using Satan as a scape goat to justify and excuse their questionable actions or behavior while still adhering to the myths and traditions of Catholicism.
Lol You’re like those people who try to tell Mormons they’re not Christian…

I get it… that’s what “you feel like” but you don’t get to decide for other people what religion they are, regardless of your feelings…
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

That’s from the BBC.

As I said, there are more religions out there than what the history of America and Britain has told people about…
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ohhh them thar gang members is bringing Satan to our shores!
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:59 pm Satanism doesn't have "Saints" so it was a "ritual" based on Catholic beliefs, not actually Satanism.
MS-13 founders enjoyed punk metal and so a lot of satanist symbols and ceremonies were adopted into its gang culture, but it has become purely symbolic and the very large majority of current members aren’t actually satanists. They just use overall symbols of the occult, including Santa Muerte. Santa Muerte is a distinctly Latin American saint and while her iconography goes back to mesoamerica, she’s only become popular in recent decades and is used across multiple new religions. I am extremely doubtful that this was a satanic ritual, it was a gang killing in which occult iconography was used.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

AZOldGal66 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:57 am SHE is a religious icon to many in Mexico.....

"Santa Muerte: The rise of Mexico’s death 'saint' - BBC News" https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-am ... 804243.amp
Yes, but that is a link from BBC saying that they are not worshipping satan…

I included a link from a specific area of Mexico that states- from the people involved in the religion- that they are worshipping satan.

One existing does not negate the ability for the other to exist…
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:57 am
That’s from the BBC.

As I said, there are more religions out there than what the history of America and Britain has told people about…

What makes a religious ritual satanic?

How is the worship of Santa Muerte satanic?

"For those who find themselves in hostile environments, both economically and socially, Santa Muerte is seen as a protector, offering her devotees a sense of security in Mexico, Central America, and the United States, all countries plagued by violence and poverty. Wielding her oversized scythe as a shield, she is a guardian of the weak, serving as a source of comfort and reassurance in the face of adversity. People involved in criminal activities such as drug cartels or gangs often face danger and violence, even the risk of murder; narcos, for instance, may beseech Santa Muerte for protection from harm and retribution. Her ritual paraphernalia is often found in the safehouses of these groups, symbolizing a supernatural guardian who watches over them. In Central America and Mexico, where the legal system fails to protect disenfranchised individuals involved in such activities, Santa Muerte offers a sense of security.

Santa Muerte can serve as a symbol of hope and salvation, especially for those who have led a life of crime or addiction, who often see the skeleton saint as a path to spiritual transformation and an opportunity to escape their troubled pasts. She offers a means to seek forgiveness, make amends, and find a new purpose in life. For those serving prison sentences, Santa Muerte represents the possibility of redemption and transformation. In Mexican and U.S. prisons, inmates commonly erect small altars to her in their cells. In fact, Santa Muerte is so popular among both inmates and prison guards in Mexico that she can be considered the patron saint of the entire Mexican penal system. Both inmates and guards ask the death saint to protect them from the constant dangers of prison life, while the former also pray to her for a speedy release."
https://uscatholic.org/articles/202310/ ... -guardian/

Christians have become conditioned to use "satanic" to describe anything that is deemed evil. This killing of the teenager was an evil act but was it satanic?

There are plenty of religions worldwide but only the Abrahamic faiths have the concept of Satan.

MS-13 is horrible and scary. They are not only a violent street gang but a transnational criminal organization. They are evil bad guys. I just don't think we need to label them as satanic to make them what? Scarier?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic