My Mom sent me some pictures of UCLA a few minutes ago…

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

7805C39B-C83A-4146-AF43-57044AC43937.jpeg
C0A1D1A9-A2E9-424E-BE9E-1FD3CE871380.jpeg
0D42BAFC-E568-4ECB-A13B-F0B76D63A175.jpeg
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LOL, I was just about to post about this!
The song is “Hevenu Shalom Aleichem”- We bring peace to you 😊
How can anyone not see the absolute difference between the two demonstrations is beyond me. I guess what we say in Mexico is true: “no person is more blind than the one who refuses to see”.

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:49 pm [bbvideo] [/bbvideo]
What does Israel really do for America that we can't do ourselves?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This looks a lot like the encampment that was set up at our local university (Virginia Tech) minus the Israeli flags, at least not in large enough numbers to notice. I didn't get a chance to go as I had to work but my daughter and her partner went and said it was peaceful.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

There have been many peaceful demonstrations and prayer vigils for Palestine, they just don’t end up on the news. And they also aren’t demonstrating because they want an end to Israel or harm to Jewish people, they just want peace. I’m glad that they had a peaceful demonstration for Israel without violence, but there isn’t a reason to use this to demonize a whole other group of people.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:28 pm LOL, I was just about to post about this!
How can anyone not see the absolute difference between the two demonstrations is beyond me. I guess what we say in Mexico is true: “no person is more blind than the one who refuses to see”.

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I noted that these pictures are similar to ones from my local university. Another similarity is that college administration at both UCLA and Virginia Tech (as well as some other universities) have decided to take a hand-off approach other than security surrounding the university. Hmm. Who would have thought? The groups protesting at the encampment at UCLA, Virginia Tech, George Washington, etc. are the same groups protesting at Columbia, Yale, University of Texas, etc. Perhaps allowing students to protest while protecting all students from outside agitators is a good idea?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So a handful have been peaceful. Have you not seen what most of them have become? Did you not see that at Columbia these students violently entered a building, vandalized it, took employees hostages and are now demanding “humanitarian aid” because they’re thirsty?
I guess their gruhub order of mocha lattes with soy milk hasn’t arrived yet…
Every minute I read of another Jew being assaulted by anti Israel protesters at USC and UCLA.
Sorry, but while exceptions may occur, the overall tendency is clear as water.
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:56 pm There have been many peaceful demonstrations and prayer vigils for Palestine, they just don’t end up on the news. And they also aren’t demonstrating because they want an end to Israel or harm to Jewish people, they just want peace. I’m glad that they had a peaceful demonstration for Israel without violence, but there isn’t a reason to use this to demonize a whole other group of people.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:28 pm LOL, I was just about to post about this!

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

From what I’ve seen, most of been peaceful. Those that become violent have been the exception. Of course I do not wish for any person to be assaulted and that should be condemned, but that isn’t the norm for all of the demonstrations that I’ve seen.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:24 pm So a handful have been peaceful. Have you not seen what most of them have become? Did you not see that at Columbia these students violently entered a building, vandalized it, took employees hostages and are now demanding “humanitarian aid” because they’re thirsty?
Every minute I read of another Jew being assaulted by anti Israel protesters at USC and UCLA.
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:56 pm There have been many peaceful demonstrations and prayer vigils for Palestine, they just don’t end up on the news. And they also aren’t demonstrating because they want an end to Israel or harm to Jewish people, they just want peace. I’m glad that they had a peaceful demonstration for Israel without violence, but there isn’t a reason to use this to demonize a whole other group of people.

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

You don't illegally enter a building and expect other's to think it's still peaceful.

You don't harass and bully Jewish students and expect other's to think it's still peaceful.

You don't shout out things like "Gas the Jews" and "Go back to Poland" and expect other's to still think it's peaceful.

I could keep going.

I do think there are many who have wished for a peaceful protest(s) but that really isn't the case anymore. Not in most cases.

Outside groups have entered the picture as they did during the BLM protests four years ago and the game playing has changed considerably.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:24 pm So a handful have been peaceful. Have you not seen what most of them have become? Did you not see that at Columbia these students violently entered a building, vandalized it, took employees hostages and are now demanding “humanitarian aid” because they’re thirsty?

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]
just an old coot 😉🌵
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic