What a ridiculous excuse

Anonymous 1

Unread post

The pony business owner was the one who said on the post why she cancelled. The pony didn't mosey over to the trailer on its own. And the pony owner has since deleted her explanation for cancelling interestingly enough.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:52 pm Difficult loading of a pony or horse is absolutely a reason to investigate why. Colic, lameness/thrush, pain, even a bee sting are all things that are possible reasons for a pony being difficult to load and valid reasons to can cancel pony rides. Purely difficult to load seems really bizarre to me. I also think the farm owner may be taking some poetic license in explaining why there was the cancellation. It’s very possible that the pony owner didn’t like the terms of the contract, i.e. too many hours of continuous riding expected, weather conditions, etc.

Regardless, many of these pony riding operations are pretty abusive. I’d be glad to see an owner looking out for pony’s welfare rather than just looking at bottom line.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:54 pm The pony business owner was the one who said on the post why she cancelled. The pony didn't mosey over to the trailer on its own. And the pony owner has since deleted her explanation for cancelling interestingly enough.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:52 pm Difficult loading of a pony or horse is absolutely a reason to investigate why. Colic, lameness/thrush, pain, even a bee sting are all things that are possible reasons for a pony being difficult to load and valid reasons to can cancel pony rides. Purely difficult to load seems really bizarre to me. I also think the farm owner may be taking some poetic license in explaining why there was the cancellation. It’s very possible that the pony owner didn’t like the terms of the contract, i.e. too many hours of continuous riding expected, weather conditions, etc.

Regardless, many of these pony riding operations are pretty abusive. I’d be glad to see an owner looking out for pony’s welfare rather than just looking at bottom line.
I'd steer clear of this farm. there's just a whole lotta unnecessary drama.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

If they are cancelling often, then they don't have the right facilities to run this business- i.e., plenty of ponies in good health who are generally willing/able to get into the trailer.

Like, if I'm the farmer and I have a pony, I'm not going to build a business where I'm relying on just one or two ponies to perform. I would think you would need back ups. Multiple, even.

The event holder should have kept their reply short and sweet and the farm owner should have, too. Perhaps they should have posted their own short and sweet message rather than commenting on the event holder's post.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm not going to get into the details of the specific businesses involved.

I'll just say, if I hire your business to be there for an agreed upon date and time, and you cancel on me once, I might be willing to give you a second chance. But if you cancel on me a second time, f**k no. I won't be using your business ever again. You've now proven yourself to be unreliable and I don't have the time or patience for an unreliable business. I don't care what your reasons or excuses are.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:47 pm I'm not going to get into the details of the specific businesses involved.

I'll just say, if I hire your business to be there for an agreed upon date and time, and you cancel on me once, I might be willing to give you a second chance. But if you cancel on me a second time, f**k no. I won't be using your business ever again. You've now proven yourself to be unreliable and I don't have the time or patience for an unreliable business. I don't care what your reasons or excuses are.
Absolutely.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic