Are Democrats helping themselves out? Or are they basically handing the presidency back to Trump?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:26 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:17 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:13 pm

I don’t take much stock in approval ratings as approval or disapproval doesn’t necessarily mean a vote for the other candidate. I might be dissatisfied with my nurse Jane but that doesn’t mean I want or would vote for nurse Ratched.

General polling doesn’t matter because solidly red states are going red and solidly blue states are going blue. The only votes that matter (thank you electoral college) are those in swing states.

In Republican primaries in swing states, Nikki Haley has been winning a not so insignificant share of the vote (thank you women). I don’t think Haley voters will vote Trump. I think they will vote Biden or write-in or third party which will give Biden an electoral win in those states. Of course, Biden has a serious issue with progressive voters especially in Michigan and Wisconsin and he may lose some of those votes to write-in or third party - I have hope that when it comes to the election, they will cast their vote for Biden as some progressive leaders, even pro-Palestinian leaders, have stated. Regardless, the share of Nikki voters is higher than the share of progressive protest voters so I think Biden will win in those swing states.

That’s my hope and my reality. I’m a starry eyed hippy 😉
Nikki Haley dropped out of the race.
Yes. Over a month ago. But 2 days ago she won 16.8% of the republican vote in the closed Pennsylvania primary (33% of the suburban vote). How do you think those voters will vote in the general election?
Her republican voters will probably vote republican…
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Democrats are worried. But will RFK Jr take more votes away from Trump?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68893186
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:42 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:26 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:17 pm

Nikki Haley dropped out of the race.
Yes. Over a month ago. But 2 days ago she won 16.8% of the republican vote in the closed Pennsylvania primary (33% of the suburban vote). How do you think those voters will vote in the general election?
Her republican voters will probably vote republican…
That’s not what exit polling indicated. Do you think a suburban pro-choice moderate republican is going to vote for Trump? Maybe but I think they will vote as they did in the mid-terms and that’s Democrat.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Della wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:58 pm Democrats are worried. But will RFK Jr take more votes away from Trump?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68893186
Bannon is in the dog house, lol
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It looks to me like Democrats are being forced to walk any number of extremely narrow tightropes to try to do the right thing in tough situations facing nothing but obstruction. Yeah, that's gonna be hard to sell. But I'm not sure that's their real problem.

Yesterday I heard a guy say, "It's simple. I love Trump because Trump loves America. I hate Biden because Biden hates America."

Well, I don't love Biden, but it's obvious he doesn't "hate America." It's just polemics, demagoguery. If that is the reason people hate Biden, it's just wrong. It's from listening to people who *hate* Biden, who *hate* Democrats, who tell them all day that their fellow Americans (and everyone else in the world except their group) are pure evil.

I would give the hate more credit for Biden losing than how "Democrats" (actually the criminal justice system) are handling the Trump trials.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

The democrats aren’t prosecuting Trump, the states are. Currently it’s NY, who knows who will get him next. As for me, I am still a registered R but will NOT vote Trump. If you choose to, do so. The majority will again rule as it was in 2012 when he won and I 2016 when he lost. Do I wish there was another candidate than Biden, damn skippy, but I still won’t vote for Trump.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

The democrats aren’t prosecuting Trump, the states are. Currently it’s NY, who knows who will get him next. As for me, I am still a registered R but will NOT vote Trump. If you choose to, do so. The majority will again rule as it was in 2012 when he won and I 2016 when he lost. Do I wish there was another candidate than Biden, damn skippy, but I still won’t vote for Trump.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, I personally do know many people that voted for Biden who say they’ll vote for Trump. I count myself amongst them. Not because we like him or think he’s a good option, but because as things are looking right now, he’s the best of the options we have.
There’s no way I can vote Democrat right now. The Squad has gotta go in it’s entirety if the Democrats want a chance, they’re poison to the party and they’re getting more and more aggressive, not even bothering to hide their anti America agenda anymore.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The right wing religious war hawks with their Project 2025 and the Seven Mountains Mandate are what will destroy America.
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

“He promised to end the Ukraine war and then colluded with Speaker Johnson and President Biden to fund it,” the independent candidate said. “He let Big Pharma and his corrupt bureaucrats run roughshod over him as President. He promised to cut the deficit and ran up the biggest debt in history. He promised to run the government like a business and then closed down our businesses. He promised to drain the swamp and then filled his administration with swamp creatures. He promised to protect our rights and then torpedoed the Constitution.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... rent-rant/
306/232

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic