Blocking traffic for a political protest…

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:40 pm
Della wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:55 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:42 pm

Zechariah 14 has been around since at least 515 BC

Zechariah 14
A day of the LORD is coming when your plunder will be divided among you.
I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city.
Then the LORD will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights in the day of battle.
On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south.
You will flee by my mountain valley, for it will extend to Azel. You will flee as you fled from the earthquake [1] in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the LORD my God will come, and all the holy ones with him.
On that day there will be no light, no cold or frost.
It will be a unique day, without daytime or nighttime--a day known to the LORD. When evening comes, there will be light.
On that day living water will flow out from Jerusalem, half to the eastern sea [2] and half to the western sea, [3] in summer and in winter.
The LORD will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one LORD, and his name the only name.
The whole land, from Geba to Rimmon, south of Jerusalem, will become like the Arabah. But Jerusalem will be raised up and remain in its place, from the Benjamin Gate to the site of the First Gate, to the Corner Gate, and from the Tower of Hananel to the royal winepresses.
It will be inhabited; never again will it be destroyed. Jerusalem will be secure.
This is the plague with which the LORD will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.
On that day men will be stricken by the LORD with great panic. Each man will seize the hand of another, and they will attack each other.
Judah too will fight at Jerusalem. The wealth of all the surrounding nations will be collected--great quantities of gold and silver and clothing.
A similar plague will strike the horses and mules, the camels and donkeys, and all the animals in those camps.
Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles.
That's the Old Testament. It's Rabbis from antiquity writing in a futuristic sense. No where in the OT is the land "returned" to the Jews. And they don't believe in the Messiah or the New Testament.
Can you explain the future tense?
It’s written in future tense.
It means that people who believe the Old Testament is divine scripture, think all of the above will happen one day.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:52 pm
Della wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:55 pm

That's the Old Testament. It's Rabbis from antiquity writing in a futuristic sense. No where in the OT is the land "returned" to the Jews. And they don't believe in the Messiah or the New Testament.
It means that people who believe the Old Testament is divine scripture, think all of the above will happen one day.
Where in the New Testament (which Jews don't believe in) does it happen?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Unfortunately, these protests are not peaceful.
I don’t understand the idea that the status quo MUST change. If there’s nothing wrong with the status quo, why does it need to change? And should we change it to something better? Because these protests are filled with calls to “globalize the Intifada”, “death to America” and other violent and genocidal phrases. Just recently, this was heard at Columbia University

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]

And this:

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]

That’s the new status quo these people are protesting for…

RIZZY wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:01 pm I support the right to protest. I hesitate to support protests which block traffic, leave trash behind, etc.

However, I also recognize that our democracy, our republic, is broken. Peaceful protest simply doesn't work in a veiled oligarchy. Sitting on the side of the road with a sign worked in the old days. It doesn't work anymore, especially when you are protesting something government sanctioned.

I don't know what I want to happen, or how it should best be handled, but I believe more and more every day that the status quo will not change without radical revolution. And that's pretty scary.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:58 pm

Is there something confusing about the sentence “who believe the Old Testament is divine scripture, think all of the above will happen one day.”?

It doesn’t need to be written in the New Testament as well for them… they ALSO believe in the Old Testament…

I think you’re under the impression that ALL Christians believe that only the New Testament counts… that is not the case.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

But here…

This is New Testament, and it’s the reason a lot of Christians believe the Old Testament is divine scripture:

Matthew 5:14

17Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:17 pm

Is there something confusing about the sentence “who believe the Old Testament is divine scripture, think all of the above will happen one day.”?

It doesn’t need to be written in the New Testament as well for them… they ALSO believe in the Old Testament…

I think you’re under the impression that ALL Christians believe that only the New Testament counts… that is not the case.
Which brand of Christianity do you follow?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:29 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:17 pm

Which brand of Christianity do you follow?
Why?
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Della wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:25 pm
mommy_jules wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:41 am
Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:34 am
Oh good, so when Della says Christians are ignorant, you disagree, or agree?
Ignorant about what?
I believe there's ignorance in not understanding how one's religion came to be.
That’s much different than personal beliefs…and I think one of my links kind of touches on that, so yeah, I wouldn’t disagree with that.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:45 pm
mommy_jules wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:41 am

Ignorant about what?
That’s much different than personal beliefs…and I think one of my links kind of touches on that, so yeah, I wouldn’t disagree with that.
This is too ridiculous of a conversation to even have…
She’s just now learning that some Christians believe in the Old Testament and trying to say they’re ignorant for it…
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:14 pm
mommy_jules wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:45 pm

This is too ridiculous of a conversation to even have…
She’s just now learning that some Christians believe in the Old Testament and trying to say they’re ignorant for it…
If it’s too ridiculous, then why are you engaging in it? Nobody is making you talk to her.

No she isn’t.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic