Planet Fitness gymgoer was arrested after allegedly walking around totally naked in the women's locker room

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:25 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:24 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:15 pm

So, it’s other people’s fault he acted like this…?
I'm just saying PFs policy has been in place for almost 10 years ans they haven't had issues until just recently. 17 locations got bomb threats, do you think that came out of nowhere?
How do you know there have never been any issues before this? Because it hadn’t made national news?
I mean, pretty much. I tried to search and found a similar incident from 2018 and one from 2015, but that was it.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:34 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:24 pm

I'm just saying PFs policy has been in place for almost 10 years ans they haven't had issues until just recently. 17 locations got bomb threats, do you think that came out of nowhere?
How do you know there have never been any issues before this? Because it hadn’t made national news?
I mean, pretty much. I tried to search and found a similar incident from 2018 and one from 2015, but that was it.
Ok.

So, if it doesn’t make national news, it didn’t happen,
And if it does make national news, it’s the news’ fault that it happened….

Seems like a bit of a conundrum.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m not saying 100%, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did this to try to spark the anti-trans push in gyms. If a biological woman women walked around naked, walking up to strangers asking them to lotion up and join them in the shower, that would also be incredibly inappropriate and they should be removed. The issue here is their behavior, not their genitalia.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm confused. I assumed the argument in the last thread was that transgender women who still had male genitalia would be able to walk around with their genitalia exposed - face height! So someone walks around with genitalia exposed and they are arrested and this is seen as a bad thing?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I personally think he is a pervert taking advantage of Planet Fitness’ policy and the current media storm surrounding it. I do not believe this is a true trans individual.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:47 pm I'm confused. I assumed the argument in the last thread was that transgender women who still had male genitalia would be able to walk around with their genitalia exposed - face height! So someone walks around with genitalia exposed and they are arrested and this is seen as a bad thing?
No… their arrest is seen as a good thing.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:37 pm

Ok.

I feel like the "it" is two separate things. Is it someone being upset at a trans person or people reacting to the news about it? Because I do think thr news has more to do with the 2nd one. If people had a problem with the policy before, they apparently just quietly canceled their memberships and found a new gym.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:52 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:47 pm I'm confused. I assumed the argument in the last thread was that transgender women who still had male genitalia would be able to walk around with their genitalia exposed - face height! So someone walks around with genitalia exposed and they are arrested and this is seen as a bad thing?
No… their arrest is seen as a good thing.
I'm just not getting it. It's been a long day. It's never been appropriate for someone who identifies as male to enter a women's locker room. It's never been appropriate for men or women to make lewd comments to others whether in the locker room or outside the locker room. Planet Fitness, as they should, have a nudity policy which this man broke.

I agree he should have been arrested. Is this arrest somehow controversial?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:59 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:37 pm

Ok.

I feel like the "it" is two separate things. Is it someone being upset at a trans person or people reacting to the news about it? Because I do think thr news has more to do with the 2nd one. If people had a problem with the policy before, they apparently just quietly canceled their memberships and found a new gym.
I don’t even think it was all that quiet… I guess Planet Fitness has been going through some PR nightmares for a while…

“Planet Fitness Has Been 'Pretty Much Destroyed,' Says Company Founder Amid Speculation On Boycott Cancellations…
Planet Fitness's policy allows gym members to use the locker room associated with their gender identity. But this policy has led to a few high-profile cases of women feeling uncomfortable in Planet Fitness women’s locker rooms, and some women and children have reported abuse and sexual harassment at the facilities.

the chief administrative officer (CAO) and general counsel hired by the private equity firm had been found guilty of multiple charges over several years and abused minors on several occasions. In two instances, he was a teacher and was found guilty of abusing his students.”

"When we went public, the majority of the board knew that this lead attorney was a pedophile. It's in the culture

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/planet-f ... 10141.html
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:32 pm
Della wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:30 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:28 pm

Does the exact city need to be specified in order for it to have been predictable to have happened?

The denial here runs strong…
I predict the world will come to an end.
And it will…

Look at that! Something else that is predictable.

Kind of sad that we put women’s safety at such a low bar of importance, but hey… everyone has to have an angle, right?
It's a prediction that has been proven wrong thousands of times.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic