Arizona Supreme Court rules a near-total abortion ban from 1864 is enforceable

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:01 pm Time to remember we don’t need doctors to acquire abortifacients.
Not sure I understand you post.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:45 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:01 pm Time to remember we don’t need doctors to acquire abortifacients.
Human beings have been using herbal abortifacients for at least the past 6000 years.

Misoprostol = synthetic prostaglandin ; the amount your body produces is based on what you eat.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:22 pm
Human beings have been using herbal abortifacients for at least the past 6000 years.

Misoprostol = synthetic prostaglandin ; the amount your body produces is based on what you eat.
So, break the law?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:34 pm

So, break the law?
If a law is unjust…
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I have a better idea. How about instead of returning to herbal remedies we vote out GOP everywhere so women can return to having bodily autonomy and modern medical care.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:42 pm

I have a better idea. How about instead of returning to herbal remedies we vote out GOP everywhere so women can return to having bodily autonomy and modern medical care.
By all means… do that.

But the fact still remains, you can control your own body or you can wait for permission to control it.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:49 pm

By all means… do that.

But the fact still remains, you can control your own body or you can wait for permission to control it.
And for those women who are hemorrhaging during pregnancy? Or have an incomplete miscarriage? Or an ectopic pregnancy? Or a non-viable fetus? Just ingest some herbs and hope for the best?
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:52 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:49 pm

By all means… do that.

And for those women who are hemorrhaging during pregnancy? Or have an incomplete miscarriage? Or an ectopic pregnancy? Or a non-viable fetus? Just ingest some herbs and hope for the best?
No, they need hospitalization.

Are you under the impression that I am the one making that difficult for women today?
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh FFS

"But according to medical experts and trained herbalists, herbal abortifacients can be dangerous and there isn’t any data on whether they work.

“My hard-line position, for 35 years, has been that they are not reliably effective,” said Dr. Aviva Romm, a women’s health physician, midwife and herbalist who wrote the textbook “Botanical Medicine for Women’s Health.” “And the doses of the herbs that one would have to take for it to possibly be effective are so high that they are virtually always toxic to the pregnant person” or the fetus. After seeing the worrying spread of the misinformation online, she posted a video on Instagram urging her followers not to “listen to what you hear on TikTok.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/11/well ... royal.html
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:11 pm Oh FFS

"But according to medical experts and trained herbalists, herbal abortifacients can be dangerous and there isn’t any data on whether they work.

“My hard-line position, for 35 years, has been that they are not reliably effective,” said Dr. Aviva Romm, a women’s health physician, midwife and herbalist who wrote the textbook “Botanical Medicine for Women’s Health.” “And the doses of the herbs that one would have to take for it to possibly be effective are so high that they are virtually always toxic to the pregnant person” or the fetus. After seeing the worrying spread of the misinformation online, she posted a video on Instagram urging her followers not to “listen to what you hear on TikTok.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/11/well ... royal.html
It’s a good thing I don’t have Tik Tok then.

My opinion comes from three years as an apprentice midwife and 2 years of cultural anthropology centered around birth practices, particularly focused on midwifery. (and yes, that includes abortion methods)

The only thing YOU have is articles to read… that doesn’t mean everyone who has an opinion on this subject is limited to google for their information, nor are they all limited to recent westernized medicine as the only knowledge base.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic