This irritates me way more than it should

Anonymous 1

Unread post

This is in my mobile banking app
Screenshot_20240405_140835.jpg
I work really hard to be responsible financially. I always make sure I have a healthy cushion in my checking account. I put a substantial amount into my various savings accounts as well. I have a credit card with this bank as well but it's paid in full each month.
So how in the world could I possibly spend that much more than our income while watching the balance in my accounts grow?
I know it's a little thing but I work so hard saving money wherever I can it irritates me.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It probably has to do with how their statements and transactions play out.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would contact the bank and speak with an advisor. It’s more than likely the credit card. Because the credit card is with the same bank, they are likely including purchases on the card in your spending and paying it off as spending. So instead of that total only being counted once, it’s counted twice.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think some of the apps call savings transactions "spending." I tend to ignore what the AI says and just look at what's in savings and how my credit cards are being paid down.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:26 am I would contact the bank and speak with an advisor. It’s more than likely the credit card. Because the credit card is with the same bank, they are likely including purchases on the card in your spending and paying it off as spending. So instead of that total only being counted once, it’s counted twice.
Oh that would make sense.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:04 am I think some of the apps call savings transactions "spending." I tend to ignore what the AI says and just look at what's in savings and how my credit cards are being paid down.
It's a crazy thing to irritate me right? 🤣 I can't even tell you why it does but it does!
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:36 am
Pjmm wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:04 am I think some of the apps call savings transactions "spending." I tend to ignore what the AI says and just look at what's in savings and how my credit cards are being paid down.
It's a crazy thing to irritate me right? 🤣 I can't even tell you why it does but it does!
I wouldn't like an app tracking that much of my financial behavior. But I wouldn't take it personally, it is just an algorithm to keep you as a customer or expand your use of their services.

I generally have my credit card at place, based on rewards programs. My checking is at another, based on convenience. And any investments kept totally separate from both.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My best guess would be the savings. If money is coming into your checking as income, and then it's going back out of your checking to go to a savings account, the app is probably looking at that money going out (to savings) as an expense. Except it really isn't an expense, it's savings, but the app is just looking at in and out for the one account.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic