Who camps?

Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I am looking for recommendations on the best waterproofing spray for a tent and pop up canopy. Both Coleman brand. The canopy is new and the tent was bought and used about 3 times last summer. I probably don't "need" to proof them this year but I like to be prepared.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I had an OLD Starcraft for my first pop up. I used 3M waterproof spray on the bunk ends with success.

My new Coleman has vinyl like ends so I didn't end up spraying them.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We do! We have used nikwax. We also combine it with camping on the high ground on an angle, so the water flows instead of pools, always use a ground cloth, and control the humidity inside just as much as the moisture outside but making sure there’s ventilation up until bedtime. We have microfiber clothes that we use to wipe down the walls a few times a day and right before bed. We also have mats to put some space between us and the ground and the kids all have a wool layer when it’s cold out, which stays warm even when damp. We always wake up fry and comfortable.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I do but I'm a tent snob and have never had to spray my tents to keep them from leaking.
Good luck!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic