Federal judge in Texas says agency created to help minority-owned businesses must provide assistance to all races

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Texas:

Minority Population 52% (5)

Minority Owned Businesses 18% (9)

Black Owned Businesses 2.9% (15)

Minority-Owned Startup Growth 18% (31)

Gini Index 0.4796 (37)

Minority Unemployment Rate 4.50% (41)
Community Advantage Loans/10K Residents 0.011 (29)

Number of Microloans/10K Residents 0.042 (45)

CRA Small Business Loans/10K Residents 115.6 (31)

Why would anyone think that minority owned businesses need extra support🙄
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:34 am
Della wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:27 am
Slimshandy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:24 am

I hope America has equality for all in 2050.
There never should have been any inequality in the US. What else needs to be changed to include white people?
Let’s take white people out of the equation for a second and take a look at some real life racism debated in a courtroom…

What do you think about this story?
https://www.essence.com/news/racial-dis ... n%20buyers.

Do you think racism was perpetrated against a Black Family because they were not able to buy a home based on what race they are, or would racism be perpetrated against the Asian families if they were not given the option of only selling properties to Asian families?
After reading about the case, I believe there was racism toward the Black investors. It's specifically illegal to exclude a purchaser due to their race.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:57 am
Della wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:44 am
Slimshandy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:38 am

Dude… Is there going to be any real conversation on this, or is this going to another day of you guys just nitpicking everything I say while attempting to be condescending…

I’ve only got time for one kind of conversation today…
Are you speaking for Native Americans, Black Americans, Asian Americans, etc?
I am not speaking “for” anyone.
Neither are the courts that made this decision…

It’s a comment on how American laws should work.
But in practice they don't. That's why we had affirmative action for minorities in the first place. I'm all for helping anyone who needs it regardless of race religion S*x or creed. I'm just skeptical if it will really work out that way.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:46 am
Della wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:25 am
SallyMae wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:20 am Do you think there ever was a time when people of color were at a disadvantage compared to white people, so that some assistance just for minorities was warranted?
Are you asking me?
Just throwing it out there, lol.
I think Black people and people of color in general have been and still are disadvantaged compared to White people. I see assistance as necessary.
306/232

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:57 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:34 am
Della wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:27 am

There never should have been any inequality in the US. What else needs to be changed to include white people?
Let’s take white people out of the equation for a second and take a look at some real life racism debated in a courtroom…

What do you think about this story?
https://www.essence.com/news/racial-dis ... n%20buyers.

Do you think racism was perpetrated against a Black Family because they were not able to buy a home based on what race they are, or would racism be perpetrated against the Asian families if they were not given the option of only selling properties to Asian families?
After reading about the case, I believe there was racism toward the Black investors. It's specifically illegal to exclude a purchaser due to their race.
I would fully agree with you there.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:58 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:57 am
Della wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:44 am

Are you speaking for Native Americans, Black Americans, Asian Americans, etc?
I am not speaking “for” anyone.
Neither are the courts that made this decision…

It’s a comment on how American laws should work.
But in practice they don't. That's why we had affirmative action for minorities in the first place. I'm all for helping anyone who needs it regardless of race religion S*x or creed. I'm just skeptical if it will really work out that way.
I would definitely vote for more oversights to make sure that no kind of racism happens. And if it’s shown that racism was a reason someone was held back from an opportunity, they should be able to sue and win lots of money.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic