MAGAT suckers born every minute, what did they learn? Nothing.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:31 am
Della wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:41 am
Slimshandy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:16 pm

AI doesn’t like to show white people, it’s much more inclusive and diverse if it shows mostly or all pictures of POC, so whoever made it probably just typed in “Trump with his supporters”.
That's incorrect and you know it.
Then I guess google didn’t have to make that apology they made.
Google is only one AI and way more of them *could* be apologizing for the fact that they are overwhelmingly and unrealistically biased in favor of whites. I don't know why you think this glitch means AIs are somehow too woke.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:12 pm
Della wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:41 am

That's incorrect and you know it.
Google is only one AI and way more of them *could* be apologizing for the fact that they are overwhelmingly and unrealistically biased in favor of whites. I don't know why you think this glitch means AIs are somehow too woke.
Because I don’t think it’s a glitch.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:15 pm
SallyMae wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:12 pm

Because I don’t think it’s a glitch.
You think it's intentional?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:42 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:28 pm Based on some real life conversations I’ve had recently, I will not be surprised if Trump got more Black votes especially men. Idk about a large number but I have noticed a shift in tone.
Are they indicating why?
Prefer out in the open vs. passive aggressive and don’t agree with some of the far left social views.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:45 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:28 pm Based on some real life conversations I’ve had recently, I will not be surprised if Trump got more Black votes especially men. Idk about a large number but I have noticed a shift in tone.
Are they indicating why?
Prefer out in the open vs. passive aggressive and don’t agree with some of the far left social views.
I don't know if it's passive aggression or two faced ness. I just know I'm tired of it. Which views are those?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I wonder if part of that has to do with the trend of men, especially young men, becoming more conservative while women are becoming more liberal? This is not just a trend in the US but worldwide.

Also, that Black community has always been supportive of Palestinians and Biden's current policy on the war in Gaza has really ticked some of my Black friends off to the point that they can't morally support him as president. He's got 5 months to change course but it may be too late to change minds.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:19 pm
I wonder if part of that has to do with the trend of men, especially young men, becoming more conservative while women are becoming more liberal? This is not just a trend in the US but worldwide.

Also, that Black community has always been supportive of Palestinians and Biden's current policy on the war in Gaza has really ticked some of my Black friends off to the point that they can't morally support him as president. He's got 5 months to change course but it may be too late to change minds.
Hard to square this reasoning with the Muslim Ban DT enacted within days of taking office in Jan 2017.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:29 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:19 pm

Hard to square this reasoning with the Muslim Ban DT enacted within days of taking office in Jan 2017.
While I agree with you, I see why it can be hard to square genocide. Among my friends, they are voting for West or Kennedy rather than Trump and while they know that is a losing proposition and it would enable a Trump win, it helps them sleep at night. I don't feel that I'm in a position to argue with them.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:12 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:45 pm

Are they indicating why?
I don't know if it's passive aggression or two faced ness. I just know I'm tired of it. Which views are those?
It's passive aggressive and I am honestly to the point that I hate it worse than I do the overt bullshit we have had to deal with down here. All of them really. A lot of people are tired of them taking everything to an extreme and shaming everyone who does not have the same moral compass as they do.

I definitely do not represent the majority, so I really can't say it with confidence until the election is over and the numbers are in.

I am tired of all of it as well my friend. I still don't know if I am voting at all this year.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic