Gotta love living in the midwest.

Catdaughter20
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I don't know what the heck is going on with mother nature, but she better get her shit together. On Monday it was about 70, today when I went to work it was about 40, now at 9:00, there's about 2 inches of snow on the ground.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ah...the first false spring. We too have false spring in the PNW. The next week will be cold and then you have a second false spring....and then another cold snap. Then it will finally be spring...maybe...sometimes there's a 3rd false spring, but that is uncommon
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Yeah I live in OH and twice in the last 2 weeks, it was springlike (50's-60's) and then bam! Lots of snow! It all melted within a day or two. Now we had a tornado nearby this morning and high winds all day and in the 50's and Monday is showing 70's. I really wish each season was more normal like it used to be years ago.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I know, those 70’s degree were so nice…I was so sad to feel the bitter wind whipping around us last evening and to wake up to like 13 degrees- ugh!!
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

We woke up to 60+ in Western Pa. As I was kissing the boys good bye the sky’s opened with a spring thunderstorm…in February. By the time I left school it was already in the 40s. When we went to Home Depot it was down to low 40s and was sleeting. The wind is wicked currently and the temp is expected to drop to low 30s before rebounding by the weekend when it will be in the 60s again…
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

A couple of days ago I woke up to rain, which turned to snow, then a snow squall, we then had an earthquake (not normal), the sun came out and melted everything and then we had more snow. The day before was in the 60’s.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

No snow or sudden weather changes here.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:41 am Ah...the first false spring. We too have false spring in the PNW. The next week will be cold and then you have a second false spring....and then another cold snap. Then it will finally be spring...maybe...sometimes there's a 3rd false spring, but that is uncommon
We call it “Redbud Winter” here in Tennessee - or at least the older adults do. 🙂
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yeah, but this is worse than normal. The howling winds make it worse whether cold or warm.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We went from 15C (60F?) to -10C (15f?) in less than 24 hours. Even for Canada that's insane. They're saying it's El Nino, I think.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic