Did you make sure to show your kids all your favorite cartoons from your own childhood?

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:37 am OMG! I watched ALL of those shows as a kid :) I also watched school house rock and the Hanna Barbera cartoons. DO you remember George of The Jungle, Penelope Pitstop, Speed Racer, and Underdog?
WellPreserved wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:57 am Sure! But they grew up having to watch shows on VHS so I only bought what I liked, lol.
Kid shows - Looney Toons, HR Pufnstuf, Flinstones, Jetsons, Gilligans Island, Brady Bunch, The Monkeys. I'm sure there are more but that's all I can think of right now.
Yes! I had the biggest crush on Racer X😂 I watched all of those and probably have most of them recorded! I'm inspired to have a classic cartoon night.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It’s been a mix. I tried showing most of my favorites to them. Some of my shows they’ve enjoyed. Others no so much lol. We usually kept up with the new stuff too. They’re getting older now though and mostly watch YouTube
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Wacky Races
The Clangers
Top Cat
Battle of the Planets
Cities of Gold
Magic Roundabout
Wombles
Danger Mouse
Scooby Doo
Pink Panther
Ivor the Engine
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They used to watch Boomerang when it was on. I think the only one I really attempted to show them was Schoolhouse Rock and only because my youngest struggled with his times tables. So I had him watch them on youtube.
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yup, sure did. My kid ended up becoming a huge fan of nearly everything I was a fan of. Don Bluth movies (she loved All Dogs Go To Heaven especially), The Vampire Chronicles, Chucky, The Last Unicorn, TWD, the animated Beetlejuice series, etc. She actually admitted recently that while she has a friend circle where they do have common likes, no one in her friend group can relate to her love of the older fandom stuff. Half didn't know who Don Bluth was and a few only knew of one or two of "those old cartoon movies from the 1900's".
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My oldest enjoys watching old episodes of Double Dare and Legends of the Hidden Temple. My baby got into Harry Potter all by himself which makes me so proud lol.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wasn’t a cartoon kind of kid so no, but other shows and movies, yes.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My kid never cared for tv and still doesn't at almost 17 so I never bothered to tell her or show her the stuff I watched.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

When the kids were pre-school age I got a boxed CD set of "The Electric Company." So much fun to watch the comedy and animation as they presented phonics and reading basics. And the cast!!! Morgan Freeman, Rita Moreno, Irene Cara, Mel Brooks, Lilly Tomlin and more.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic