How far would you go to find your missing dog?

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Shaken1976 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:13 am Had a dog that wandered into our living room through our open back door. He jumped on the couch and went to sleep. We called the number on his collar and they had moved across country. He had been missing for a week. They searched all over for him. We ended up keeping him, only for him to go missing about a week before we moved states. We looked everywhere, put up fliers and drove everywhere. This was MySpace days so social media wasn’t helpful. Someone found him after we moved. They kept him and sent us occasional pictures. Then he did the same thing to them. Weird dog.
Haha. Gets bored of his owners and moves on.
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:38 pm
Shaken1976 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:13 am Had a dog that wandered into our living room through our open back door. He jumped on the couch and went to sleep. We called the number on his collar and they had moved across country. He had been missing for a week. They searched all over for him. We ended up keeping him, only for him to go missing about a week before we moved states. We looked everywhere, put up fliers and drove everywhere. This was MySpace days so social media wasn’t helpful. Someone found him after we moved. They kept him and sent us occasional pictures. Then he did the same thing to them. Weird dog.
Haha. Gets bored of his owners and moves on.
I figured he didn’t want to move. He saw the boxes and was like “nope, I’m out”
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Depends on how much the dog is worth to me. Both in monetary value and sentimental value. If I paid a high price for a pure breed dog and the money to pay for a reward and have a high sentimental attachment, you damn well can bet I'm paying whatever price I can.

Realistically I'm not rich and my dogs are mixes that were adopted from the pound. I have done my due diligence with licensing, ID tags, and microchips....and I would make public posts and post flyers and call the pound on a daily basis, but beyond that I don't have the means for a search and rescue team or private investigator/dog hunter to find my dog so that's where my commitment would end, sad as it may be.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ive microchipped my dog, she wears tags with my number and I registered her with the county. I would be calling shelters, posting on local fb sites, driving around. But there is no way I’m paying thousands to get her back.

I remember when we first moved in we had a dog make a run for it and he was gone for a week. I searched like crazy and bawled my eyes out every day, bc I was sure he wouldn’t know which house to come back to and even with tags etc, no one was calling about him. Then randomly about 3am one night he’s barking at the door to come in. SMH.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It would probably be a cat for me but I'd do whatever iI could to get my pet back. My indoor cats never go out but I would even search for the feral cats I care for. Pets are family and I would not give up until I found a missing animal.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic