What are your holiday traditions?

Reedusstalker

Unread post

For Halloween, the minions and my husband decorate our glassed in porch. It's the one holiday that my husband gets into. We go to the Halloween store and both of them and the husband get to pick out something new to add to our collection then they spend the entire day decorating.

For Thanksgiving, I made the green bean casserole and we go to my BM's house to eat then we go to my MIL's.

For Christmas, the minions and I always pick our a new ornament each. The day after Thanksgiving we decorate for Christmas. We put on a Christmas movie, usually Krampus, and make hot chocolate. We make those construction paper Christmas count down chains, one for each other them. We take a four day trip with my FIL to this place called Oglebay. They have this huge Christmas set up. We used to go with my parents and my FIL. We stay in a cabin and it's awesome.

Christmas Eve my BM, siblings, my favorite Uncle and Aunt come over. I made a big dinner and we play Christmas games and the adults do a gift exchange. The minions get one gift to open. Christmas morning, my FIL comes over to watch the kids open gifts then it's off to my BM's for breakfast and gifts then off to my Inlaws for lunch and gifts then home.

New Year's Eve we have friends over.

Easter is at my house and we have an Easter Egg hunt for the kids.
RedBottoms

Unread post

For Halloween which is my favorite holiday-Me and the kids always do themed costumes. One year we were all different colored crayons. Then one year they were thing 1 and thing 2 and I was the Cat in the hat. Another year we were all Hogwarts students. Another year we were Wreck it Ralph, Vanellope and Fix It Felix- then we were Mario, Luigi and Princess Toad. Then they were ghostbusters and I was a big spooky antebellum ghost.

We always get lots of compliments on the costumes every year. Our neighborhood sucks for trick or treating so we lately have been going over to their friend's house and we trick or treat with them and their neighborhood is really good. She has over several families so its fun to go in a big group.

I decorate for Halloween inside and out and have a lot of decorations. We also do Boo at the Zoo every year and maybe some Trunk or Treats. This year they are Blue raptors and I am Owen the raptor trainer from Jurassic World. I will keep dressing up with them as long as they let me.
RedBottoms

Unread post

For Thanksgiving we just go to my mom's house in the country and she cooks and we do a big lunch. Its very chill. Just DH, me and the kids and my mom and my Stepdad. We eat and watch the parade. Then Dh takes a nap on the couch and my mom and me and the boys go for a walk usually on her property. Then we play board games or hang out and then have leftovers for dinner.

For Easter about the same thing as Thanksgiving. Big lunch at my moms, very chill. My kids are too big for hunting eggs now and they are kinda over it so we don't do that much anymore. We did a glo in the dark egg hunt once with glo sticks in the eggs. One year we put real money in the eggs. Anything to get them interested in it but they are just too old now lol.

I decorate for every holiday. I have decorations in my basement in labeled tubs for every holiday in the house and out.

For Christmas I have a Disney only Christmas tree. If its not Disney-its not going on my main tree. Sorry. The kids have their own boy themed tree for their room which has a lot of truck or car ornaments and star wars and things they made etc.

We go to my moms early on Christmas eve for a big lunch and to open presents or hang out. Then head home. Christmas morning its just us in jammies at home chilling with a big breakfast and playing with new toys or video games etc.

We do a lot of Christmas activities throughout December like Holiday Lights at the zoo or going to a theme park to see Christmas decorations or driving around looking at Christmas lights etc. Plus now December is NUTCRACKER! season for us for my son so lots of performing in that and rehearsals for that. We attend some Christmas parties etc.

My kids are more into experience gifts now so often times they don't even hardly have any presents to open on Christmas.

For 4th of July lately we have been going to this church parking lot on a hill to get a good view of our local fireworks. I bring glo sticks and chairs and we hang out and watch fireworks.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We really don't have too many traditions except for Christmas. We always have a Christmas for our cats on the 23rd, our family Christmas on the 24th and the 25th is for out kids. We fit our families in whenever.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Locked Previous topicNext topic