I'm not okay!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have been suffering from depression for some time now. I didn't want to admit it. I mainly showed it by anger. I just thought i had an anger problem. Then In sept my mom died. That was the tipping point for me. It all hit me, not just the anger buy the sadness, hopelessness. I am on medication now. But all it does it help with the anger. before my mom died I was able to control it. I dont know it is me still dealing with my mom death or what. I am not happy. I fake it in public like at work. My husband doesnt seem to understand. You would think he would being he also has depression. He now on meds too. when he was dealing with it before meds and when i finally convinced him to get on meds. I supported him. I was there for him. but now with me, I am on my own. I just wished i had someone here for me. I am fighting it on my own. I tried tell him that i'm not happy. He thought i was saying im not happy with him. It isnt him at all it me, life in general. I want to be happy , but I am not.
PrincessLaLa
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'm sorry you're dealing with all that. It sounds like your husband isn't very understanding but please don't take that as meaning that he doesn't care. Some people just aren't good at that sort of thing. Are you in any sort of therapy? It can be really helpful to have someone understanding to talk things through with. You can shoot me a message if you need an ear.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

NAMI is a non-profit advocacy organization that offers online and in-person support, resources and referrals for those with mental health challenges and their loved ones. It is free and has chapters in every state.

https://nami.org/Support-Education
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You need counseling and therapy not just medication. Medication is great as a tool to help balance hormone levels etc. but alone it is not enough.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would talk with your psychiatrist, psychologist, therapist some more. It's great that your meds help with your anger but it's not enough if you still don't feel right. What you are doing is just surviving and you need to be thriving.

Also ask them about anxiety. Obviously everyone is different, but anxiety runs in my DH's side of the family (including in DH and our son) and in all of them it seems to show as anger. Anger is the coping mechanism to deal with the anxiety. For my son he had to be taught (by a counselor) more appropriate coping mechanisms other than anger.
Mamaof5
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Therapy would make the meds more effective. & Talk to the prescribing doc about increasing or adding meds. You may not be at your ideal dose or med combination yet.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic