Are you a hugger?

Anonymous 4

Unread post

I hate hugging, and I hate when people I don't know very well want to hug. My family generally does NOT hug. It's just weird to me.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:52 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:55 am For me, it depends on the hygiene and the emotional state of the hug initiator.

I typically do OK with hugs, and probably would have let this lady hug me. But I married into an Italian family and their hugs include kisses on the cheeks which have continued to stress me out for over 20 years. I hate it…
I married into an extended family that did kisses on the lips, at least before Covid it was always kisses on the lips. Caught me off guard at first but I got used to it and didn't mind it at all. And they're not Italian so I'm not sure where it came from, but it seemed to be a trait passed down from Grandma, and her mom was from Spain. I don't know if they have a similar culture in that way or not.
Oh, hell no!
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:52 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:55 am For me, it depends on the hygiene and the emotional state of the hug initiator.

I typically do OK with hugs, and probably would have let this lady hug me. But I married into an Italian family and their hugs include kisses on the cheeks which have continued to stress me out for over 20 years. I hate it…
I married into an extended family that did kisses on the lips, at least before Covid it was always kisses on the lips. Caught me off guard at first but I got used to it and didn't mind it at all. And they're not Italian so I'm not sure where it came from, but it seemed to be a trait passed down from Grandma, and her mom was from Spain. I don't know if they have a similar culture in that way or not.
All of us Mediterraneans are big on the affection.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Not really. I like hugging my husband, kids, parents, but even then after so long I’m like okay, let go, hugs over. But I’m also very passive and probably would have let her in for a quick squeeze.
Locked Previous topicNext topic