Are you a hugger?

mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

People I know and am comfortable with which is not a lot. I don’t say no; I just do the sideways get out of it thing.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

I am to a degree and provided that the person I might hug is comfortable with it.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I am a hugger. When my job reopened, I went to the new lawyers I had, asked first if they were huggers and we hugged. If they weren’t, we would have fist bumped.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I never initiate hugs with strangers but I wouldn't turn one down in a situation like that.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I am a weird person with this. I love and adore hugs from my people. Like dh, my kids, my parents, some sisters, and a few friends. Anyone else it's like getting slapped. I sucked it up and hug some people just to be nice. I am always tense and try to side hug and slip away fast.

I would have tried to get out of hugging the lady. I may have lied and said I forgot something and had to run or.I would be late. I am pretty good at getting out of stuff like that.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

For me, it depends on the hygiene and the emotional state of the hug initiator.

I typically do OK with hugs, and probably would have let this lady hug me. But I married into an Italian family and their hugs include kisses on the cheeks which have continued to stress me out for over 20 years. I hate it…
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:04 pm I'm Italian. I'll hug anyone that stands still long enough! 😂
LOL! When I was younger I babysat for an Italian lady and she used to say the same thing. She also used to tell me she thought I must have been Italian in another life because I hug everyone and I talk with my hands all the time. :-)
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:55 am For me, it depends on the hygiene and the emotional state of the hug initiator.

I typically do OK with hugs, and probably would have let this lady hug me. But I married into an Italian family and their hugs include kisses on the cheeks which have continued to stress me out for over 20 years. I hate it…
I totally get this... Had she been dirty or came off as *crazy*, I probably wouldn't have been quite so open with her, but she was a very sweet lady and since I already new the back story on the truck that helped.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’m not a hugger but don’t mind a hug so long as they don’t hold on for to long lol
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:55 am For me, it depends on the hygiene and the emotional state of the hug initiator.

I married into an extended family that did kisses on the lips, at least before Covid it was always kisses on the lips. Caught me off guard at first but I got used to it and didn't mind it at all. And they're not Italian so I'm not sure where it came from, but it seemed to be a trait passed down from Grandma, and her mom was from Spain. I don't know if they have a similar culture in that way or not.
Locked Previous topicNext topic