What's 1 thing your husband wants really bad but you won't let him have?

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

He wants me to watch the Lord of the Rings series with him but I'm just not interested.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:45 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:09 am
AZOldCoot wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:04 am

It's not pretending.

Every marriage is different and you have asked a question that perhaps you should have specified would be graded.

Your marriage is your own.
There is NO WAY your husband has never picked up an ugly hat in a store and you said no that thing is ugly, or he wanted to paint your bedroom red and you said no that color is too dark, or he wanted to pick up an old car and fix up and you said we have no room for that in the driveway. Come on now!
That has never happened in my marriage. Not once.
Mine either. Now if it was something like painting and we disagreed on the color we would compromise, but I don't tell him what he can wear or what projects he can take on. I would not be about that lifestyle if he tried that with me so why would I do that to him?
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:21 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:09 am

There is NO WAY your husband has never picked up an ugly hat in a store and you said no that thing is ugly, or he wanted to paint your bedroom red and you said no that color is too dark, or he wanted to pick up an old car and fix up and you said we have no room for that in the driveway. Come on now!
Mine either. Now if it was something like painting and we disagreed on the color we would compromise, but I don't tell him what he can wear or what projects he can take on. I would not be about that lifestyle if he tried that with me so why would I do that to him?
Exactly! I would never tell him what to wear and he would never try to tell me what to wear.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I can't think of anything.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:23 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:21 pm

Exactly! I would never tell him what to wear and he would never try to tell me what to wear.
My husband's ex wife was like that. That's why she's an ex lol. A few years ago he was talking about a shirt he had that she made him get rid of, it was a wrestler shirt who had the same name as him so I got him a replacement. Like it's just a shirt who cares.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

He is an adult. I don’t forbid him to do/get anything. He doesn’t want anything though. He’s content and never buys anything for himself. I wish he would because it always makes me feel bad if I get something for myself. I’m not as selfless as he is.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:18 pm He wants me to watch the Lord of the Rings series with him but I'm just not interested.
Sounds like my husband and his war/history stuff. I know that I shouldn’t hate history tv as much as I do but it bores me so very much. History is fine for reading but on the tv is not my cup of tea.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:02 am
Gorilla_Mama wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:41 am Motorcycle. It’s not that I don’t trust him, I don’t trust other drivers.
Thank you for actually answering the question and not pretending a wife never says no to anything. Funny thing my DH has a motorcycle and I didn't mind that, but no to the kayak lol. A motorcycle is much more dangerous and more accidents than a kayak. I make no sense.
Some wives don't say no. I haven't. As long as bills are paid and we have savings it really doesn't matter what he buys
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Nothing, we keep our money separate. He buys what he wants, I buy what I want.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:09 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:02 am
Gorilla_Mama wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:41 am Motorcycle. It’s not that I don’t trust him, I don’t trust other drivers.
Thank you for actually answering the question and not pretending a wife never says no to anything. Funny thing my DH has a motorcycle and I didn't mind that, but no to the kayak lol. A motorcycle is much more dangerous and more accidents than a kayak. I make no sense.
Some wives don't say no. I haven't. As long as bills are paid and we have savings it really doesn't matter what he buys
This post has nothing to do with money. In my OP I gave examples of safety, an animal, and an ugly painting. Not sure why most turned it into a question of money and finances.
Locked Previous topicNext topic