What's 1 thing your husband wants really bad but you won't let him have?

Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Every vehicle he wants. We’d need Jay Leno’s garage if we had every vehicle Dh wants. We just don’t have the space. And frankly, I see no point in buying more project vehicles that’ll just sit when he already has 2 bikes and a Bronco he’s been slowly restoring for the past 6 yrs.

Also more track time. He’d love to be out at the track every weekend, all weekend and multiple times a week. It’s not that I won’t let him though. That’s more of a he needs to finish replacing his clutch, find another place for everything he has on the trailer, and actually do it instead of just talking about doing it.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

So I have “accidentally” donated a couple of “cool” shirts, that were ugly as hell. He will still grumble 9 years later now to my teens, “I had these 2 really cool, expensive shirts, they probably would have fit you now, you could have worn them, but your mom gave them away.” Now the kids are standing behind him mouthing, “thank you mom” because dad has well, not a teen style sense, lol.

Also, when he first started getting into the D&D & other gaming card collectibles, I was like WTH? $1000’s of dollars for WHAT?!? A smelly paper magazine from 1973 with the plastic on?!? You don’t even play the f*ing games, but I admit, he flips a lot more than he keeps, and and has an impressive side hustle. He’s like one of the “I got a guy I can call” people Pawn Stars employs to appraise stuff when it comes to D&D collectibles, it’s so geeky, yet impressive at the same time, so I now say nothing…

But really, we are sort of weird, as we have completely separate bank accounts, and I am the one who loves to spend impulsively on material goods. Haha, he actually could answer this question more accurately.

Also, he is too sedentary, he has no desire to engage in risky physical hobbies like biking or boating.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

A million dollars, competent co-workers, and a lack of depression. Not that I wouldn't let him have any of it, they are simply things that are beyond my control. OKay MAYBE another dog but we have 3 already, 2 of which are his and I'm the one that does all the training, care, and cleaning up after them. He also has 2 snakes and a tortoise.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:02 am
Gorilla_Mama wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:41 am Motorcycle. It’s not that I don’t trust him, I don’t trust other drivers.
Thank you for actually answering the question and not pretending a wife never says no to anything. Funny thing my DH has a motorcycle and I didn't mind that, but no to the kayak lol. A motorcycle is much more dangerous and more accidents than a kayak. I make no sense.
It isn't pretending, but I have never told my husband he CANNOT buy something, nor has he ever told me that I cannot buy something. We discuss all bigger purchases and may come to a compromise, but there has never been a time where either of us has flat out told the other no.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

A dog. It’s not necessarily that *I* am saying no, but our landlord is not on board.
However, even if they were — SO wants a French bulldog. I don’t want a $2,000 dog and would rather adopt from the humane society.
Anonymous 1

sarah824 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:10 pm
Gorilla_Mama wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:41 am Motorcycle. It’s not that I don’t trust him, I don’t trust other drivers.
Thank you for actually answering the question and not pretending a wife never says no to anything. Funny thing my DH has a motorcycle and I didn't mind that, but no to the kayak lol. A motorcycle is much more dangerous and more accidents than a kayak. I make no sense.
It isn't pretending, but I have never told my husband he CANNOT buy something, nor has he ever told me that I cannot buy something. We discuss all bigger purchases and may come to a compromise, but there has never been a time where either of us has flat out told the other no.
This post has nothing to do with major purchases. At all.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:19 pm
sarah824 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:10 pm

This post has nothing to do with major purchases. At all.
Ok, so edit it to read - "We discuss all bigger purchases and may come to a compromise, but there has never been a time where either of us has flat out told the other no." Does that fit your post better?

Bottomline - We do NOT tell each other no to things we want. At least it hasn't come up in 20 years...
Anonymous 5

I'm not his mother so i don't really dictate what he buys as long as the bills are paid
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

mommy_jules wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:00 am A Dairy cow
This made me laugh. What can’t he have a cow?
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

mommy_jules wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:00 am A Dairy cow
Also, a mullet…I think he was joking, but wasn’t taking any chances.
Locked Previous topicNext topic