What's 1 thing your husband wants really bad but you won't let him have?

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Guns
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:02 am
Gorilla_Mama wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:41 am Motorcycle. It’s not that I don’t trust him, I don’t trust other drivers.
Thank you for actually answering the question and not pretending a wife never says no to anything. Funny thing my DH has a motorcycle and I didn't mind that, but no to the kayak lol. A motorcycle is much more dangerous and more accidents than a kayak. I make no sense.
It's not pretending.

Every marriage is different and you have asked a question that perhaps you should have specified would be graded.

Your marriage is your own.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:56 am Nothing that I can think of. If it is a big purchase we will discuss it but there is nothing I have ever side you cannot have. Why would I? What would you do if your DH said you could not have something you wanted?
He has said no a few times. He said no when I wanted a 3rd German Shepherd dog. Said it was too much with the 2 we had. I said ok. Why is saying no sometimes a terrible thing?? Sometimes no is the right decision.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

When married as long as bills were paid my ex could do with his money want he wanted. I’m not certain that’s always a good idea if you’re married to a spendthrift. Because he took me down when we did have financial difficulties. But it’s what we did. I remember early on when eBay was fairly new he came over and handed me a carving knife. He said you’re gonna kill me so I’ll make it easy for you. Basically he won a bid on a computer he never expected to. I didn’t kill him but I probably should’ve yelled more than I did.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:04 am
Gorilla_Mama wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:41 am Motorcycle. It’s not that I don’t trust him, I don’t trust other drivers.
Thank you for actually answering the question and not pretending a wife never says no to anything. Funny thing my DH has a motorcycle and I didn't mind that, but no to the kayak lol. A motorcycle is much more dangerous and more accidents than a kayak. I make no sense.
It's not pretending.

Every marriage is different and you have asked a question that perhaps you should have specified would be graded.

There is NO WAY your husband has never picked up an ugly hat in a store and you said no that thing is ugly, or he wanted to paint your bedroom red and you said no that color is too dark, or he wanted to pick up an old car and fix up and you said we have no room for that in the driveway. Come on now!
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:26 am Could be anything. A Corvette, a dog, an ugly painting he had before marriage that you refuse to hang up. For me it's a kayak. He really wants one but there are just too many stories around here (beach town) of guys going out in the inlet then turning up dead in the ocean. I'm just paranoid about it.
Beach town here as well. I have 4 kayaks, 2 Stand Up Paddle Boards, and 2 surf boards. DH has Wind Surfer, body boards, and usually at least one sail boat.

It's all about understanding the tides, the wind, and wearing the correct PFD and gear.

I don't think I've ever had a situation of saying "no" to a purchase... but DH is very level-headed and we agree on most purchases anyway.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's not pretending and it's not even so much about the type of marriage. It's about the personality of the spouse. Some people just don't want a lot of things. And for those of us married to someone like that we have no reason to say no.

You and others have used danger as a reason. My DH has never wanted anything dangerous. He's never wanted a motorcycle or a kayak or a gun of any kind, he's never wanted to go sky diving or bungee jumping, so I've literally never had a reason to say no based on danger. Another big reason would be finances, but like I already said my husband is not unreasonable financially. Honestly, he should've said no to me much more on spending than he did. But I've had no reason to say no to him on spending. What else might there be to say no to? I've always wanted pets more than he has. What other things are there that spouses typically say no to each other?
Deleted User 2088

Unread post

My husband and all of the kids want a German Shepard. I said no. But I don't think I'm actually the reason why we don't have one. We live in a small house and we already have 3 dogs. We can't fit another dog in our life right now, much less a large breed. And we all pretty much agree on that.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:06 am
highlandmum wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:56 am Nothing that I can think of. If it is a big purchase we will discuss it but there is nothing I have ever side you cannot have. Why would I? What would you do if your DH said you could not have something you wanted?
He has said no a few times. He said no when I wanted a 3rd German Shepherd dog. Said it was too much with the 2 we had. I said ok. Why is saying no sometimes a terrible thing?? Sometimes no is the right decision.
To me a dog/cat is a family decision as it will be the responsibility of everyone in the household to take care of the dog/cat. But if my DH told me no to getting a new bike, that is different.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:09 am
AZOldCoot wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:04 am

It's not pretending.

There is NO WAY your husband has never picked up an ugly hat in a store and you said no that thing is ugly, or he wanted to paint your bedroom red and you said no that color is too dark, or he wanted to pick up an old car and fix up and you said we have no room for that in the driveway. Come on now!
It is what it is when it comes to my marriage.

Again, every marriage is different.

What was your point in asking these questions? Looking for arguments?
Locked Previous topicNext topic