Texas Gov. Abbott shows completed section of state-made border wall, pledges to protect state's sovereignty

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:32 pm Spare me that nonsense. You’re obviously talking about people that had the means to immigrate or had the benefit of a family liaison. I’m an American citizen, so I know that if I ever choose to live in the US I can bring my family (like Melania did!) and it will be a breeze.
I’m talking about the poor, uneducated, desperate people of these countries who don’t stand a chance to come up with the application fee, let alone have a chance to be accepted.
And again, YOU get plenty of benefits from that cheap labor, even if you don’t want to admit it. Not from those with the means and opportunity to immigrate legally, but from those who can’t. So what will you say if America”s food industry collapses for lack of labor and now you have to ímpetu your produce at increased prices from those same countries you don’t want the labor coming from?
Do you even realize how many industries will collapse without illegal immigrants and the labor force they represent? The American economy would collapse, but hey! At least we got rid of that “pest”, huh?
The FACT is as I’ve said and you’ve ignored: this is NOE a symbiotic relationship. Illegal immigrants aren’t “parasites”, they’re necessary to maintain the economic status quo in the same way your digestive tract needs bacteria to function properly. “Bacteria” may be a scary word, but fact is, some are beneficial and necessary for our bodies to work properly.
Carpy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:26 am
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:29 pm You’re very naive and idealistic if you think that’s a possibility for those who cross to be cheap labor. You think someone applies and that’s that? Please, it’s a long, tedious and expensive process. Just filing a petition costs hundreds of dollars and that’s no guarantee that you’ll get permission. It’s a gamble and an expensive gamble that only the privileged can afford. We’re talking about people that can hardly afford the basics, do you really think they can cough up hundreds or thousands of dollars just to see if they’re accepted?

And ultimately that doesn’t change the fact that NOW the relationship between America and illegal immigrants is symbiotic. YOU get benefits from it too and that’s why I think you should lose those benefits and see if that makes you understand reality and accept it as it is.

I know how the process for LEGAL immigration works. I have two sister in laws and a daughter in law who are LEGAL immigrants.
Thats why we have work visas.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:25 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:32 pm Spare me that nonsense. You’re obviously talking about people that had the means to immigrate or had the benefit of a family liaison. I’m an American citizen, so I know that if I ever choose to live in the US I can bring my family (like Melania did!) and it will be a breeze.
I’m talking about the poor, uneducated, desperate people of these countries who don’t stand a chance to come up with the application fee, let alone have a chance to be accepted.
And again, YOU get plenty of benefits from that cheap labor, even if you don’t want to admit it. Not from those with the means and opportunity to immigrate legally, but from those who can’t. So what will you say if America”s food industry collapses for lack of labor and now you have to ímpetu your produce at increased prices from those same countries you don’t want the labor coming from?
Do you even realize how many industries will collapse without illegal immigrants and the labor force they represent? The American economy would collapse, but hey! At least we got rid of that “pest”, huh?
The FACT is as I’ve said and you’ve ignored: this is NOE a symbiotic relationship. Illegal immigrants aren’t “parasites”, they’re necessary to maintain the economic status quo in the same way your digestive tract needs bacteria to function properly. “Bacteria” may be a scary word, but fact is, some are beneficial and necessary for our bodies to work properly.

I know how the process for LEGAL immigration works. I have two sister in laws and a daughter in law who are LEGAL immigrants.
They aren't cheap it seems.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel ... vices.html
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The only way we can admit workers on temporary work visas is if they can easily go home, then return to work again later, traversing freely. For this we need OPEN borders. It's called 'circular flow.'

Deleted User 1949

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:28 am
wildflowers25 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:03 pm Good but this state is so overrun with illegals who truly think they are entitled to be here, it's not even funny.
My SIL's family has been in Texas since it belonged to Mexico. Of course they're entitled to "think" they belong there. Because they are! They were granted that.
She said illegals… not people who have been here for generations.

Turning that comment into something it’s not is more of a scapegoat than a method of truly addressing the issue
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That’s for temporary work. And again, they’re costly.
And still you continue to pretend that YOU get no benefit from that illegal immigrant cheap labor.
Are you even aware that illegal immigrants pay taxes and get no benefits from that? They pay billions of dollars in taxes that YOU benefit from, not them. So cheap labor that allows you to pay lower prices for many goods and services AND money in taxes that pay for the benefits you enjoy. Can you imagine what will happen if those suddenly go away? How the American economy will come crashing down?

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lindsay wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:25 pm
wildflowers25 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:03 pm Good but this state is so overrun with illegals who truly think they are entitled to be here, it's not even funny.
My SIL's family has been in Texas since it belonged to Mexico. Of course they're entitled to "think" they belong there. Because they are! They were granted that.

Turning that comment into something it’s not is more of a scapegoat than a method of truly addressing the issue
Does Northwest Arkansas distinguish between the two?
306/232

Deleted User 1949

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:46 pm

Why wouldn’t we?

Because your preconceived answer to that question is that we must not because we must all be racists?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lindsay wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:59 am

Why wouldn’t we?

Because your preconceived answer to that question is that we must not because we must all be racists?
How would either of you know the difference? Do you ask?
306/232

Deleted User 1949

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:11 am
Lindsay wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:59 am

Why wouldn’t we?

How would either of you know the difference? Do you ask?
You don’t know the difference walking down the street… but if you get into a car accident with someone who isn’t legal and doesn’t have insurance or a drivers license, you find out. Yes, that happened to me…
Deleted User 1949

Unread post

Who pays for work visas?

A lot of people looking to secure U.S. work visas like the H-1B wonder who pays the fees: the employer or the prospective employee? Generally speaking, the employer must pay for the attorney fees and government filing fees associated with the H-1B petition and Labor Condition Application.
https://maxlawinc.com › who-pays-t...

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:53 pm That’s for temporary work. And again, they’re costly.
And still you continue to pretend that YOU get no benefit from that illegal immigrant cheap labor.
Are you even aware that illegal immigrants pay taxes and get no benefits from that? They pay billions of dollars in taxes that YOU benefit from, not them. So cheap labor that allows you to pay lower prices for many goods and services AND money in taxes that pay for the benefits you enjoy. Can you imagine what will happen if those suddenly go away? How the American economy will come crashing down?

Locked Previous topicNext topic