Texas Gov. Abbott shows completed section of state-made border wall, pledges to protect state's sovereignty

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:54 am
Carpy wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:08 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:28 am

My SIL's family has been in Texas since it belonged to Mexico. Of course they're entitled to "think" they belong there. Because they are! They were granted that.
They are Americans. What's your point?
Does it look like she distinguishes?
Does it look like she doesn't? The term "illegals" has meaning. And why do you never answer the phone when I have something to tell you?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Gee, how is he going to stop all those who go in by plane? 😂
Honestly, I truly wish they manage to stop and expel every single illegal immigrant. Nothing will make me happier than seeing America 100% illegal-immigrant free.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:27 pm And how will a wall keep those Europeans out?
It’s our southern neighbors they hate not Europeans. I’m probably in the minority but I admire the people who crossed the border by foot and made better lives for their families. The ones that take all the shitty jobs and live to see their children have more opportunities.

Drug dealers are in another league. It’s hard to believe the demand for drugs is so huge but apparently it is. The number one drug coming in is methamphetamine. Weird.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:04 pm
Carpy wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:08 am

They are Americans. What's your point?
Does it look like she doesn't? The term "illegals" has meaning. And why do you never answer the phone when I have something to tell you?
Some refuse to distinguish the difference especially when it comes to North Americans of the southwestern persuasion.

What did you do now, lol?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:56 pm
Carpy wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:04 pm

Some refuse to distinguish the difference especially when it comes to North Americans of the southwestern persuasion.

What did you do now, lol?
Nothing, but but the shock value and the stunned "what did I just hear?" value is gone now.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Right. The illegal Europeans and Asians are ok. I agree with you. And with worker shortage, those brown skinned people may have to be let in. And also about the drugs: true, sadly.
Lemons wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:49 pm
hotspice58 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:27 pm And how will a wall keep those Europeans out?
It’s our southern neighbors they hate not Europeans. I’m probably in the minority but I admire the people who crossed the border by foot and made better lives for their families. The ones that take all the shitty jobs and live to see their children have more opportunities.

Drug dealers are in another league. It’s hard to believe the demand for drugs is so huge but apparently it is. The number one drug coming in is methamphetamine. Weird.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:41 pm Right. The illegal Europeans and Asians are ok. I agree with you. And with worker shortage, those brown skinned people may have to be let in. And also about the drugs: true, sadly.

Idk about other areas but they harass Asians in the south too, especially Vietnamese. It’s just not talked about as much.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:18 pm
hotspice58 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:41 pm Right. The illegal Europeans and Asians are ok. I agree with you. And with worker shortage, those brown skinned people may have to be let in. And also about the drugs: true, sadly.

Idk about other areas but they harass Asians in the south too, especially Vietnamese. It’s just not talked about as much.
Is there a large Asian population in the south? I wonder why Vietnamese?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

True. And this is why I say that I wish every illegal immigrant is stopped/deported. Because you never appreciate what you have until you lose it. And some of these people need the backlash to learn the truth.

These immigrant-hating Americans see illegal immigrants as parasites and don’t realize that by now, it’s a symbiotic relationship. It’s like being determined to get rid of every bacterium in your body and not realizing that most of them are helping you out and that you’re benefiting from them. Whether good or bad, that’s the reality now. Get completely rid of these workers and see not only essential businesses suffer from lack of labor and having to shut down (adding to the labor shortage crisis) see unprecedented inflation rates. And maybe when they have to pay 2,3,4 times as much for avocados for their all-American Super Bowl party they’ll realize that. They won’t realize it until it hits them where it hurts the most- their wallets.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Crops would be rotting in the fields, there are no American born migrant workers, people will pay triple the price if they can even find any produce.
In a perfect world countries in South America, Central America and Mexico would have the resources needed to repair their countries and no need to leave. The US would find a way to deal with an insatiable appetite for drugs thereby eliminating drug cartels.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:33 pm True. And this is why I say that I wish every illegal immigrant is stopped/deported. Because you never appreciate what you have until you lose it. And some of these people need the backlash to learn the truth.

These immigrant-hating Americans see illegal immigrants as parasites and don’t realize that by now, it’s a symbiotic relationship. It’s like being determined to get rid of every bacterium in your body and not realizing that most of them are helping you out and that you’re benefiting from them. Whether good or bad, that’s the reality now. Get completely rid of these workers and see not only essential businesses suffer from lack of labor and having to shut down (adding to the labor shortage crisis) see unprecedented inflation rates. And maybe when they have to pay 2,3,4 times as much for avocados for their all-American Super Bowl party they’ll realize that. They won’t realize it until it hits them where it hurts the most- their wallets.

Locked Previous topicNext topic