Magic Word

SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:17 pm I certainly hope so.
But even then, opinions tend to vary.
Take your usual “bakery doesn’t want to make a cake for a gay wedding” incident. The couple may say they’re “oppressed” because they’re being rejected as clients. But the bakery can say that they’re being “oppressed” because they’re being forced to put their name on an event they morally object to.
So who’s actually being “oppressed”? I mean, I know what you will say, but fact is, both have a point. The couple’s sexuality and right to enter into a legal relationship is attacked, but then the baker’s right to not appear to condone an action they find morally wrong and in some way contribute to it is also attacked.
So if you want to put personal feelings aside and use pure logic both parties can cry “oppression” and both would have a point. Don’t just see the one you agree with it and vilify the other.
So how can you demonstrate that only one part is being oppressed?
Being served equally by public business is a civil right. Only one party is having their civil rights violated. If a baker does not want to serve the whole public he can get out of baking. Totally his choice.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lol. I knew you were going to say that.
But then I guess if you were a bakes and the WBC came to you to order a cake that says “God Hates F***” you will have no problem putting your name and the name of your business on that for one of their events because, you know, it would go against their civil rights to freedom of expression, of speech, and of religion to refuse.
SallyMae wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:22 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:17 pm I certainly hope so.
But even then, opinions tend to vary.
Take your usual “bakery doesn’t want to make a cake for a gay wedding” incident. The couple may say they’re “oppressed” because they’re being rejected as clients. But the bakery can say that they’re being “oppressed” because they’re being forced to put their name on an event they morally object to.
So who’s actually being “oppressed”? I mean, I know what you will say, but fact is, both have a point. The couple’s sexuality and right to enter into a legal relationship is attacked, but then the baker’s right to not appear to condone an action they find morally wrong and in some way contribute to it is also attacked.
So if you want to put personal feelings aside and use pure logic both parties can cry “oppression” and both would have a point. Don’t just see the one you agree with it and vilify the other.
So how can you demonstrate that only one part is being oppressed?
Being served equally by public business is a civil right. Only one party is having their civil rights violated. If a baker does not want to serve the whole public he can get out of baking. Totally his choice.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:34 pm Lol. I knew you were going to say that.
But then I guess if you were a bakes and the WBC came to you to order a cake that says “God Hates F***” you will have no problem putting your name and the name of your business on that for one of their events because, you know, it would go against their civil rights to freedom of expression, of speech, and of religion to refuse.
You are closer to WBC than I.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why? After all, I’M the one who can see both sides and acknowledge both sides and try to respect the rights of both sides. Sometimes it’s not possible and I will have an opinion then o who’s rights deserve more consideration, but overall, I try to find a way to fit all.
You’re the one that it has either to be what you like, the way you like it, or according to what you agree with or it’s stupid, ignorant and vile.
Because you’re saying that those that believe differently are the “bad guys” or they’re stupid, can’t use reason and refuse to even try to understand what is it that they believe and why. You use your prejudices to conclude that they’re just plain wrong and o y those you agree with are pier, innocent victims.

So it seems to be you’re much more WBC-like than me. I’m at least capable of understanding and tolerating a different belief, even if I don’t share it. That’s as un-WBC as you can get.

And again, considering they also go around carrying signs that says “God Hates Jews” that’s just disgusting.

But I see you avoided the comment. So would you make the cake for their event or not?
SallyMae wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:43 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:34 pm Lol. I knew you were going to say that.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:08 pm
SallyMae wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:43 pm

Why?
You are both claiming to know things no one knows.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:08 pm But I see you avoided the comment. So would you make the cake for their event or not?
No, you can refuse to write hate speech.
Locked Previous topicNext topic