Georgia secretary of state announces hand recount of presidential race

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:56 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:49 am
mcginnisc wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:40 am

Not all counties have certified yet..That has to be done before the recount can begin. The recount is required due to Biden being at 49.5% and Trump at 49.2%. It is less than .5% so it is required by state law. That required recount has to follow on the heels of the first count being complete and completion is not until it is certified.
Now, it will have to be done by hand instead of machine. If Trump still does not like the results, he can ask for yet another recount and that one will be done by machine.
ALL of this has to be completed by December 10th by law as the EC meets later in the month. It just annoys me that they are going to use human brains that tire easily to count just under 5 million ballots.
The way the last two lines above are written are screwy. The deadline for certification is Friday, November 20th..that is how it should be stated. Once they are certified, they will begin the recount by hand.
Does that make more sense or is it clear as mud? LOL
It reads weird, lol. It came across that all counties need to certify by tomorrow and the recount has to be done by November 20 (8 daye from now - hth could 5 million votes be hand counted that quicky!).
I swear some of the journalists that write these articles do not proofread to make sure it is clear and concise before they post them online.
They have until next Friday ( 20th) to certify and *then* the recount will take place and be done by the 10th of December.
A lot of them are terrible at journalism. I probably aggravate the heck out of the editors of my local news; I am constantly sending them suggested corrections, lol.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:05 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:49 am

It reads weird, lol. It came across that all counties need to certify by tomorrow and the recount has to be done by November 20 (8 daye from now - hth could 5 million votes be hand counted that quicky!).
I swear some of the journalists that write these articles do not proofread to make sure it is clear and concise before they post them online.
They have until next Friday ( 20th) to certify and *then* the recount will take place and be done by the 10th of December.
A lot of them are terrible at journalism. I probably aggravate the heck out of the editors of my local news; I am constantly sending them suggested corrections, lol.
That's awesome. I've been known to make comments on articles about their spelling and grammar. If you are going to major in journalism, it would behoove you to understand the English language and all of its quirks.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:10 am

That's awesome. I've been known to make comments on articles about their spelling and grammar. If you are going to major in journalism, it would behoove you to understand the English language and all of its quirks.
At one time the major newspapers had full staff with "editors" and "proof readers" who reviewed every article before publication. There is no longer the revenue to support that level of staff at most newspapers any longer. Journalists do their best, and often file the story remotely from home or the location of the event.

It is a sad loss for the collective level of professional writing, but people now think all news should be free, and are unwilling to support journalism.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:25 am
mcginnisc wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:10 am

At one time the major newspapers had full staff with "editors" and "proof readers" who reviewed every article before publication. There is no longer the revenue to support that level of staff at most newspapers any longer. Journalists do their best, and often file the story remotely from home or the location of the event.

It is a sad loss for the collective level of professional writing, but people now think all news should be free, and are unwilling to support journalism.
A journalist has the ability to proofread their own work..even at home. Using spellcheck is not out of the realm of possibility for anyone. You would not believe the misspellings I catch in these articles when I read them. It is asinine that they cannot use the spellcheck option on their device.
Most people do not purchase physical copies of the paper anymore due to the technological age that we live in as it is all available online. I choose not to use sources that are for payment. That is my right as a consumer. I use local news sources instead of things like the NY Times or WaPo as I"m not willing to pay to use their site. I'm cheap and prefer to use my money for other things in life. ;-)
Claire
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:31 pm 4,991, 854 ballots..by hand before December 10th. Sounds legit, because human brains won't tire faster than a computer...no room for error at all when people get tired. *sarcasm*

By all means.. recount. Just not by hand. That is asinine and I want the buffoon out of the WH like most do.
I was reading something about this. I believe it's that they have to do the hand recount now, because they can't do an automated recount until after November 20th. I think it's some state statute or something. These states really need to make their election laws cleaner. One page, 5 bullet points of instructions. That's it. LOL
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"How does a hand recount work?

In a hand recount, instead of scanners reading and tallying the vote on each ballot, scanners will be used only to count ballots.

Election workers will hand sort ballots into piles for each candidate, and the machines will count those piles.

How long will it take?

The recount is expected to be completed with election results certified by the deadline of Nov. 20, Raffensperger said."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 251172002/
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:56 am
mcginnisc wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:31 pm 4,991, 854 ballots..by hand before December 10th. Sounds legit, because human brains won't tire faster than a computer...no room for error at all when people get tired. *sarcasm*

By all means.. recount. Just not by hand. That is asinine and I want the buffoon out of the WH like most do.
I was reading something about this. I believe it's that they have to do the hand recount now, because they can't do an automated recount until after November 20th. I think it's some state statute or something. These states really need to make their election laws cleaner. One page, 5 bullet points of instructions. That's it. LOL
The first recount has to be done by hand ( again.. asinine to do 4,991, 854 ballots by hand IMO).. IF, Trump challenges *this* one, it will be done by machine.
Claire
Locked Previous topicNext topic