BM isn't letting my step kids to to school

Anonymous 8

Unread post

This is for them to hash out and really has nothing to do with you so it would be wise to not involve yourself in any form. Just because you sleep with their father doesn't give you the right to intrude.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:10 pm No I'm saying it should have been a decision made together.

There could have been a compromise reached.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:05 pm But you seem fine and dandy with your husband making the decision regardless of mom’s input.
So what’s your solution then if neither parent should have the final saying? And neither do the kids, BTW.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:03 pm The school is putting safety first also. One person shouldn't get to make the final say when there are two parents involved.
And what exactly would that compromise look like to you?
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:09 pm
OBXPrincess wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:08 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:12 am

Custody is 50/50. DH offered to drive the kids on her time but she still said no.
Even with 50/50 custody there is a primary custodial parent. And unfortunately that's why gets to make the final decision.
Yeah that isn't true. No one is custodial over the other with BM and DH. Same with me and my ex husband. It is equal.
Which address do they use as their primary address for school? That is the "custodial" parent.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Honestly, I understand both sides and I have no idea how, during this time when the courts are either closed or backlogged, I don't know how the decision would be decided. I mean, I guess if the kids got themselves to school, there might not be anything that anyone could do about it.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

OBXPrincess wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:25 pm

Even with 50/50 custody there is a primary custodial parent. And unfortunately that's why gets to make the final decision.
Yeah that isn't true. No one is custodial over the other with BM and DH. Same with me and my ex husband. It is equal.
Which address do they use as their primary address for school? That is the "custodial" parent.
I feel like many in this post are confusing legal and physical custody. Even in situations where one parent has primary physical custody, both parents usually share joint legal custody. Legal custody is the ability to make decisions for your children about medical care, education, religion, etc. In this instance, if teenagers wanted to go to school and dad was supportive, a mediator or judge might well side with dad and teens unless someone in the family had a comorbidity or the family was in a Covid hotspot.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:02 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:58 am Oh well. She is the mother and gets to make decisions for them until they are 18 years old.
DH is their father and he should be able to have some say. They should be making these decisions together.
Then he can drive them.
I shit glitter
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:18 pm

I feel like many in this post are confusing legal and physical custody. Even in situations where one parent has primary physical custody, both parents usually share joint legal custody. Legal custody is the ability to make decisions for your children about medical care, education, religion, etc. In this instance, if teenagers wanted to go to school and dad was supportive, a mediator or judge might well side with dad and teens unless someone in the family had a comorbidity or the family was in a Covid hotspot.
Yes i personally know the difference, it was explained to me when i was going through custody issues with my ex, i have had full custody and he has nothing for the last 11 years, but when we started we agreed on 50/50 but her physical address was mine. But he was to be involved in school, religion, medial etc. But i agree with you i think a lot are confused. They have to have a permanent address, at least where i live.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, that's her choice. She isn't doing anything illegal or dangerous and it is during her time. This is a serious health concerning decision that she is making. My kids won't be going back to school. They want to go, but they understand why it isn't a good idea right now. They are disappointed, but that's part of life. It's my job as a parent to keep our family safe, not to make sure my kids never have to feel disappointment.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

That isn't true but if it was that would make DH custodial because our house is the one listed first.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:55 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:02 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:58 am Oh well. She is the mother and gets to make decisions for them until they are 18 years old.
DH is their father and he should be able to have some say. They should be making these decisions together.
Then he can drive them.
That is what he offered. She said no.
Locked Previous topicNext topic