Why do people do this?

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It was supposed to be a light hearted funny post.

Losing your child is tragic, downright horrible, but the meme was supposed to be funny.
Attachments
90B61FE6-0F26-4D94-B7A0-16DBF270E2FC.jpeg
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Because people grieve in different ways.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Because people have a me me me attitude and want attention at every chance they get.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I'm with you, I don't understand that type of response AT ALL.

I try not to judge when it comes to grief, but I see the same "I have it worse" kind of comments on memes all the time and they aren't always related to grief.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

It wasn't a funny meme to begin with and people need to grasp that when they post anything online, not everyone will agree. I'm not sure why that is so hard to understand.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

attention
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I can see the humor in the meme. My DH gets so frustrated that our youngest is so lazy when it comes to school and we have to push him. And fact is... DH was the same way growing up, lol. I’m the nerd 😁
But I can see if a mother has lost her child- and it sounds to me as if that loss is recent and still very raw for her- she would react in such a way. I mean, we should all be able to understand that “the worst thing” isn’t usually THE worst thing. It’s like “I burned my tongue! That’s the worst thing!” We all know it’s not the worst thing, but we can understand the sentiment and even find it comical.
Thing is, a person grieving may not understand the sentiment because their own feelings are too overwhelming and they feel they’re indeed going through THE worst thing. They may feel their feelings are being minimized.
It may not be logical, but after such a thing, you can’t expect that person to use logic, they’re just in pain and need to bring it out. There’s definitely not malice in their reaction.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 4

Unread post

same reason people make comments such as, ''it was only stuff''...''you'll get more''....after your house burns down in a wildfire

lack of empathy for whatever reason
Deleted User 670

Unread post

My child is my mini me! And she got a double dose of stubborn from both her parents. Raising that child was not fun sometimes.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

That’s honestly annoying. I can’t tolerate people who have to make everything into a pissing contest and have it always be about them. There’s no need for the “I have it worse” shaming.
Locked Previous topicNext topic