BM isn't letting my step kids to to school

Anonymous 2

Unread post

So the CDC (and AAP) recommendations that schools be open for children means nothing to you? Do you not trust the CDC?
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... hools.html
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:02 pm But he’s not weighing the pros and cons. He’s catering to his kids’ wants. When the “pro” is what the kid wants and the “con” is a health risk, it’s really a no-brainer.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:55 am
Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:51 am Omg what a Horrible birth mother! How dare she weigh the pros and cons and make a decision that she feels best! Good grief if only she had given birth to them and then had custody of them? Gosh!

Sorry but I’m team her!

Oh what a Horrible birth father! How dare he weigh the pros and cons and make a decision that he feels is best! Good grief if only he hadn't fathered them and then had custody of them? Gosh!

See how ridiculous that sounds?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

OBXPrincess wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:08 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:12 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:09 am

He had his say. She said no. If your DH had full custody then he would make the final decisions. Since you said she won't drive them and kids want Dad to 'take it to court' I assume they live with her most of the time. Too bad.
Custody is 50/50. DH offered to drive the kids on her time but she still said no.
Even with 50/50 custody there is a primary custodial parent. And unfortunately that's why gets to make the final decision.
Yeah that isn't true. No one is custodial over the other with BM and DH. Same with me and my ex husband. It is equal.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

No I'm saying it should have been a decision made together.

There could have been a compromise reached.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:05 pm But you seem fine and dandy with your husband making the decision regardless of mom’s input.
So what’s your solution then if neither parent should have the final saying? And neither do the kids, BTW.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:03 pm The school is putting safety first also. One person shouldn't get to make the final say when there are two parents involved.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:45 am Only if there’s no other option. And I trust the school to put safety first. It seems he’ll start the year online, thankfully. There’s still a month to make a final decision. So I’m right: school is putting safety first and considering what’s best for out of town students.
And my son really wants to go back, but he doesn’t have the final saying.

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:05 pm He isn’t the custodial parent. So no, he doesn’t get to make the decision. Have input sure, be made because he didn’t get his way. Nope.

Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:51 am Omg what a Horrible birth mother! How dare she weigh the pros and cons and make a decision that she feels best! Good grief if only she had given birth to them and then had custody of them? Gosh!

Sorry but I’m team her!

Omg what a Horrible birth father! How dare he weigh the pros and cons and make a decision that he feels is best! Good grief if only he hadn't fathered them and then had custody of them? Gosh!

You know this how?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

They live with her half the time and with us half the time. That is what 50/50 means.
Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:07 pm They LIVE with HER. Was that made simple enough now? If they lived with their Dad then I’d say he gets to make the decision but they don’t. Sorry, you won’t get me to sway.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:05 pm They have 50/50 custody.
Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:04 pm He can certainly have an opinion, but no, she is the custodial parent and should be the one to decide. My husband and I are going round and round regarding our own children and one of us will “win” and the other will simply have been heard.

Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Read her initial post. The kids live with their mother, not their father.

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:11 pm
Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:05 pm He isn’t the custodial parent. So no, he doesn’t get to make the decision. Have input sure, be made because he didn’t get his way. Nope.

Omg what a Horrible birth father! How dare he weigh the pros and cons and make a decision that he feels is best! Good grief if only he hadn't fathered them and then had custody of them? Gosh!

You know this how?
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Keep changing it to suit. Mom, the one who gave birth to them gave the final decision. If your husband wants have him take it to court-but as you said that won’t happen by 9/1. They aren’t your kids, you get no vote.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:11 pm They live with her half the time and with us half the time. That is what 50/50 means.
Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:07 pm They LIVE with HER. Was that made simple enough now? If they lived with their Dad then I’d say he gets to make the decision but they don’t. Sorry, you won’t get me to sway.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:05 pm They have 50/50 custody.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

It doesn't say anywhere in the post that they only live with their mom. You just aren't very smart.
Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:11 pm Read her initial post. The kids live with their mother, not their father.

You know this how?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:11 pm Read her initial post. The kids live with their mother, not their father.

You know this how?

Yeah, thats not there.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes, it means nothing to me. Everything has opened prematurely, so no, I don’t trust that their motivation is exclusively safety. They are considero no other factors to make those recommendations.
And ultimately, the school will make the final choice taking into account the factors relevant to them, not general guidelines for a whole country. They have the added responsibility of having some out of town and international students in a dorm and they have to ensure their health and safety first.
If in a month they decide it’s safe to open the school for actual classes even for out-of-towners then I will trust that they’re doing it because it’s safe.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:09 pm So the CDC (and AAP) recommendations that schools be open for children means nothing to you? Do you not trust the CDC?
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... hools.html
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:02 pm But he’s not weighing the pros and cons. He’s catering to his kids’ wants. When the “pro” is what the kid wants and the “con” is a health risk, it’s really a no-brainer.

Oh what a Horrible birth father! How dare he weigh the pros and cons and make a decision that he feels is best! Good grief if only he hadn't fathered them and then had custody of them? Gosh!

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic