BM isn't letting my step kids to to school

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:03 pm Sure, he has a saying in what the kids do during his time.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:01 pm
Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:51 am Omg what a Horrible birth mother! How dare she weigh the pros and cons and make a decision that she feels best! Good grief if only she had given birth to them and then had custody of them? Gosh!

Sorry but I’m team her!
So DH shouldn't have any say?
With BM saying they can't go to school she is taking that say away from him. They can't just go to school half the time.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

But you seem fine and dandy with your husband making the decision regardless of mom’s input.
So what’s your solution then if neither parent should have the final saying? And neither do the kids, BTW.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:03 pm The school is putting safety first also. One person shouldn't get to make the final say when there are two parents involved.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:45 am Only if there’s no other option. And I trust the school to put safety first. It seems he’ll start the year online, thankfully. There’s still a month to make a final decision. So I’m right: school is putting safety first and considering what’s best for out of town students.
And my son really wants to go back, but he doesn’t have the final saying.
Yoloo wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:43 am

Didn't you say you would be sending your kid back to boarding school?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He isn’t the custodial parent. So no, he doesn’t get to make the decision. Have input sure, be made because he didn’t get his way. Nope.

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:55 am
Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:51 am Omg what a Horrible birth mother! How dare she weigh the pros and cons and make a decision that she feels best! Good grief if only she had given birth to them and then had custody of them? Gosh!

Sorry but I’m team her!

Omg what a Horrible birth father! How dare he weigh the pros and cons and make a decision that he feels is best! Good grief if only he hadn't fathered them and then had custody of them? Gosh!

See how ridiculous that sounds?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

They have 50/50 custody.
Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:04 pm He can certainly have an opinion, but no, she is the custodial parent and should be the one to decide. My husband and I are going round and round regarding our own children and one of us will “win” and the other will simply have been heard.

Sorry but I’m team her!
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And by him saying that he’ll take them himself and considering taking it to court he’s taking the choice away from her.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:05 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:03 pm Sure, he has a saying in what the kids do during his time.

With BM saying they can't go to school she is taking that say away from him. They can't just go to school half the time.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:02 pm But he’s not weighing the pros and cons. He’s catering to his kids’ wants. When the “pro” is what the kid wants and the “con” is a health risk, it’s really a no-brainer.

Sorry but I’m team her!

Oh what a Horrible birth father! How dare he weigh the pros and cons and make a decision that he feels is best! Good grief if only he hadn't fathered them and then had custody of them? Gosh!

I'm sorry, I saw some pros and cons in the OP and we don't know what else he's considered.

My kids are going to school virtually to start because there are lots of cases here. I'm not saying what I'd do if I were these kids' parent. I'm not there. I'm just pointing out how silly the other reply sounds.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Custody is 50/50. I did not say anywhere in my post that BM is the custodial parent. She isn't, it is equal between the two of them.
Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:05 pm He isn’t the custodial parent. So no, he doesn’t get to make the decision. Have input sure, be made because he didn’t get his way. Nope.

Sorry but I’m team her!

Omg what a Horrible birth father! How dare he weigh the pros and cons and make a decision that he feels is best! Good grief if only he hadn't fathered them and then had custody of them? Gosh!

Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They LIVE with HER. Was that made simple enough now? If they lived with their Dad then I’d say he gets to make the decision but they don’t. Sorry, you won’t get me to sway.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:05 pm They have 50/50 custody.
Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:04 pm He can certainly have an opinion, but no, she is the custodial parent and should be the one to decide. My husband and I are going round and round regarding our own children and one of us will “win” and the other will simply have been heard.

Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:12 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:09 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:02 am

DH is their father and he should be able to have some say. They should be making these decisions together.
He had his say. She said no. If your DH had full custody then he would make the final decisions. Since you said she won't drive them and kids want Dad to 'take it to court' I assume they live with her most of the time. Too bad.
Custody is 50/50. DH offered to drive the kids on her time but she still said no.
Even with 50/50 custody there is a primary custodial parent. And unfortunately that's why gets to make the final decision.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

You really like to make stuff up. Where did I say he wanted to take it to court or that he was even considering doing that? Please copy and paste where I said that.

He was offering to drive the kids in her time to make it easier for her. At first she said she just didn't want to have to take them every day since there are no busses.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:06 pm And by him saying that he’ll take them himself and considering taking it to court he’s taking the choice away from her.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:05 pm

Locked Previous topicNext topic