BM isn't letting my step kids to to school

Yoloo
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:40 am I agree.
And IMHO, safety should come before what the kids want. My kids may want to have sleepovers with their cousins. But right now they can’t and I think this isn’t the time to do what the kids want to be the “cool” parent. And yes, they have a right to an I put. They don’t have a right to demand one parents steps over the other to do what they want. An input is something to consider, not the deciding factor.
I personally think that if there’s a risk and online classes is an option that it’s better to take it. I understand it’s not an option for some kids and those should be the ones attending school. But those who are able to do it remotely and not add more risk to themselves and others by crowding classes more should stay home.
Pjmm wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:17 am I can't altogether blame her. I can't blame him either. Perhaps the kids can do a full semester online and see how the cases are doing. It's what ds17 and I are doing
Didn't you say you would be sending your kid back to boarding school?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Only if there’s no other option. And I trust the school to put safety first. It seems he’ll start the year online, thankfully. There’s still a month to make a final decision. So I’m right: school is putting safety first and considering what’s best for out of town students.
And my son really wants to go back, but he doesn’t have the final saying.
Yoloo wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:43 am
And IMHO, safety should come before what the kids want. My kids may want to have sleepovers with their cousins. But right now they can’t and I think this isn’t the time to do what the kids want to be the “cool” parent. And yes, they have a right to an I put. They don’t have a right to demand one parents steps over the other to do what they want. An input is something to consider, not the deciding factor.
I personally think that if there’s a risk and online classes is an option that it’s better to take it. I understand it’s not an option for some kids and those should be the ones attending school. But those who are able to do it remotely and not add more risk to themselves and others by crowding classes more should stay home.
Pjmm wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:17 am I can't altogether blame her. I can't blame him either. Perhaps the kids can do a full semester online and see how the cases are doing. It's what ds17 and I are doing
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Omg what a Horrible birth mother! How dare she weigh the pros and cons and make a decision that she feels best! Good grief if only she had given birth to them and then had custody of them? Gosh!

Sorry but I’m team her!
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:51 am Omg what a Horrible birth mother! How dare she weigh the pros and cons and make a decision that she feels best! Good grief if only she had given birth to them and then had custody of them? Gosh!

Sorry but I’m team her!

Omg what a Horrible birth father! How dare he weigh the pros and cons and make a decision that he feels is best! Good grief if only he hadn't fathered them and then had custody of them? Gosh!

See how ridiculous that sounds?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:51 am Omg what a Horrible birth mother! How dare she weigh the pros and cons and make a decision that she feels best! Good grief if only she had given birth to them and then had custody of them? Gosh!

Sorry but I’m team her!
So DH shouldn't have any say?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

But he’s not weighing the pros and cons. He’s catering to his kids’ wants. When the “pro” is what the kid wants and the “con” is a health risk, it’s really a no-brainer.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:55 am

Sorry but I’m team her!

Oh what a Horrible birth father! How dare he weigh the pros and cons and make a decision that he feels is best! Good grief if only he hadn't fathered them and then had custody of them? Gosh!

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 1

Unread post

The school is putting safety first also. One person shouldn't get to make the final say when there are two parents involved.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:45 am Only if there’s no other option. And I trust the school to put safety first. It seems he’ll start the year online, thankfully. There’s still a month to make a final decision. So I’m right: school is putting safety first and considering what’s best for out of town students.
And my son really wants to go back, but he doesn’t have the final saying.
Yoloo wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:43 am

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sure, he has a saying in what the kids do during his time.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:01 pm

Sorry but I’m team her!
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 1

Unread post

He did weigh the pros and cons. Why do you think he didn't? The kids wanting to go back is not the only reason, I never said that or even implied it.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:02 pm But he’s not weighing the pros and cons. He’s catering to his kids’ wants. When the “pro” is what the kid wants and the “con” is a health risk, it’s really a no-brainer.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:55 am

Sorry but I’m team her!

Oh what a Horrible birth father! How dare he weigh the pros and cons and make a decision that he feels is best! Good grief if only he hadn't fathered them and then had custody of them? Gosh!

Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He can certainly have an opinion, but no, she is the custodial parent and should be the one to decide. My husband and I are going round and round regarding our own children and one of us will “win” and the other will simply have been heard.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:01 pm

Sorry but I’m team her!
Locked Previous topicNext topic