Can anyone tell me why tik tok is so bad

Anonymous 1

Unread post

That the president wants to ban tiktok with an executive order? I’ve never used it myself but I work in a school and many kids use it and film dances all the time when school was in session. My daughter also talks about all her friends having tiktok as well. I guess out of all the things going on in the world and this is what we focus on an app.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Rumor has it, it's designed by the Chinese and they can monitor and track everything with it.
Mamaof5
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Because Trump says so. Teenagers used it to sabotage his Oklahoma rally, so he’s salty.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Tik Tok users keep trolling Trump so his feelers are hurt. The excuse he came up with is bullshit.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Apparently, China is using it to gather information and perform surveillance on Americans. Who knows. My teenagers all have it.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I don't think he can ban it, though. Censuring and all that. The sw has security holes, I've heard and the sw collects info from the user's phone. Trump is having a tantrum because tik tok users made him look like a fool and there is a comedian who lip sincs his speeches and she's hilarious. Government employees should not have it. But then again, he shouldn't be using his own hackable phone either.
SummerDream
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

He can’t ban tiktok in this country, but there are concerns about privacy and the theft of information from US users. It is an app out of China, however, you don’t have to sign up for an account to view tiktoks. All you do is download the app and watch. I won’t sign up because of the security issues. I don’t need to follow anybody that bad.
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

lauren08 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:57 pm Apparently, China is using it to gather information and perform surveillance on Americans. Who knows. My teenagers all have it.
Yup. Because they can't use anything else to perform surveillance on Americans. LOL. They would be pretty bored with my house.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Because it's made by China. That is absolutely reason enough not to use it. Add in that it's even more stupid than Facebook and I can't believe anyone uses it. It's moronic at best.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

It's reasonable to believe that Chinese companies have pro-China intentions and the capacity to collect info and do bad stuff. However, it's REALLY hard to judge how seriously to take any "threat" that Trump is talking about. The man actively ignores actual threats and freaks out about non-threats as a matter of course.

The NYT article was useful:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/01/tech ... 18d664105f
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Locked Previous topicNext topic