Religious nut Senator Tom Cotton claims slavery and holocaust were necessary

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes, he is... kind of. But to deem it “necessary” is disgusting. He cannot know if that same result couldn’t have come in another way. He’s only saying that because it happened that way and he cannot picture any other way. But it could’ve happened differently. Unless he’s traveled to an alternative reality where the Holocaust didn’t happen and there was no Israel, he cannot make that comment with any assurance.
Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:54 am Cotton is as much an idiot and fool as those who believe as he does.

“absent the Holocaust, Israel would not be a country today.”

But he's correct about that ^
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

Question, if y'all could go back in time and kill baby Hitler in order to save the victims of the holocaust and casualties of the resulting war, would you? yes or no? why?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:58 am Yes, he is... kind of. But to deem it “necessary” is disgusting. He cannot know if that same result couldn’t have come in another way. He’s only saying that because it happened that way and he cannot picture any other way. But it could’ve happened differently. Unless he’s traveled to an alternative reality where the Holocaust didn’t happen and there was no Israel, he cannot make that comment with any assurance.
Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:54 am Cotton is as much an idiot and fool as those who believe as he does.

Without the stuff that was happening during Theodore Herzls time, none of it would have happened as it did.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mr.Smile wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:07 am Question, if y'all could go back in time and kill baby Hitler in order to save the victims of the holocaust and casualties of the resulting war, would you? yes or no? why?
Answer your questions first.
306/232

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Personally, I wouldn’t. Because as a strong believer in God, it’s not my place to make such decisions. Who knows if I couldn’t actually make things worse?
That’s why I said this guy can’t claim what would or wouldn’t have happened. We don’t know the full ramifications of our actions.
Mr.Smile wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:07 am Question, if y'all could go back in time and kill baby Hitler in order to save the victims of the holocaust and casualties of the resulting war, would you? yes or no? why?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

But that’s the thing: we cannot know for sure.
Just because things happened that way it doesn’t mean they couldn’t have happened in another way if history had developed differently. Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn’t, so we don’t know.

And well... if he considers himself that religious he should know better than to think we’re the ones dictating God’s plan through our actions. If Israel and America were part of God’s plant then they would’ve happened one way or another.
Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:13 am
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:58 am Yes, he is... kind of. But to deem it “necessary” is disgusting. He cannot know if that same result couldn’t have come in another way. He’s only saying that because it happened that way and he cannot picture any other way. But it could’ve happened differently. Unless he’s traveled to an alternative reality where the Holocaust didn’t happen and there was no Israel, he cannot make that comment with any assurance.

Without the stuff that was happening during Theodore Herzls time, none of it would have happened as it did.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:21 am But that’s the thing: we cannot know for sure.
Just because things happened that way it doesn’t mean they couldn’t have happened in another way if history had developed differently. Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn’t, so we don’t know.
Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:13 am

Looking at the history of the time and the emotions of those longing for a homeland they were denied, i think we can make that assumption.
306/232

Deleted User 1616

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:17 am
Answer your questions first.
I intentionally didn't because I want you to use that noggin of your's.

If you eliminate baby Hitler and prevent the rise of the Nazis, then you create a world where WWII didn't occur, and thus you have no reason to travel back in time. Thus, Hitler survives to adulthood and we're back where we started. Acting as a time-traveling executioner simply creates a paradox.

The grandfather paradox is a potential logical problem that would arise if a person were to travel to a past time. The name comes from the idea that if a person travels to a time before their grandfather had children, and kills him, it would make their own birth impossible.

https://www.forbes.com/sitwould had occes/briankoberlein/2015/10/23/why-its-impossible-to-go-back-in-time-and-kill-baby-hitler/#341bf23a29c0
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

It’s true that 70% of Americans identify as Christian, but evangelicals actually only make up about a quarter of those.
Frau Holle wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:14 pm Is anything about what he said contrary to the belief of most of the country in between New York and LA?

Religious people believe that. Most of your country is religious in the evangelical way.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:18 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:14 pm Is anything about what he said contrary to the belief of most of the country in between New York and LA?

Religious people believe that. Most of your country is religious in the evangelical way.
Evangelicals are not a majority. The fastest growing population is the non-religious. I have no idea if the “evil necessity” story is common outside of the extremists but I don’t think so.
Do you visit the middle of the country often?
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Locked Previous topicNext topic